Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
GD Stoopid Dumb Dumb Rona

This Topic is Archived
mad1

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 7:06 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

I've had it. I mean it I am fried, I am spent. I need a week away from the madness and illness.
Rona or the Vid is out of control in my area and local estimates are that at least 30% of hospitalized patients are fully vaccinated.

My son popped positive this morning. He tells me yesterday that 2 coworkers that he worked with 3 days last week, and one he hung out with on Saturday, that chose not to get vaccinated, were positive as he was hacking, coughing, snotting, and giving me the heebie geebies in general. So he went this am for a test, and Yup he has it.
He doesn't have a fever, and his appetite is decent, but he is snot nosed coughing mess. He went to bed and has not been coughing since he went to bed. Hoping he can channel his inner child and rid himself of this like he did every other bug he picked up. He would typically sleep for 24 hours straight and wake up well.

In the meantime I have to worry and wait for symptoms for my spouse and myself. He is sequestered to his room, and under strict rules about being out of it. Luckily he lives on the second floor of the house and we are on the main level.

But seriously I know everyone that was against the vaccine is going to say see. It doesn't work, and will continue to run about getting it and spreading it while our hospital staff, nurses, Dr's, support staff, everyone is exhausted, and mentally beat up from this stupid thing. It isn't going away, and when it does it won't be soon.

Please be careful. If it's not up in your area, still take precautions, wear your mask, socially distance, and limit your outings. Wash your hands frequently.

Most of all. BE KIND.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8681979

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 7:18 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

Tush, I am very sorry to hear this. I worry for my daughter as school starts back up without any requirements for vaccine or masks. We have 2096 new cases this week, mainly the Delta variant. Only 46 percent of my state is vaccinated. Since he is vaccinated, hopefully he will get over this really soon. I sure hope so.

I think this is taking a toll on all of us. Since my lung surgery, I've been told to just stay home as contacting it could be very dangerous. I'm fully vaccinated and have been since March.

This should never be a political issue, it should be SCIENCE and working together to defeat this stuff. I've been reading about the new strain of this, Lambda, and they are saying it's more dangerous than the original virus AND Delta variant.

I can see the worry in your post and I'm so sorry.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8681982

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 7:49 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

Yeah my office sucks at dealing with it. We had a whole department out with it a few weeks ago (all but one of which are anti-vaxers), two people in my department that have caught it and are still anti-vax and refuse to get vaccinated. The office doesn't notify anyone of covid positive folks in the office nor do they take any precautions in disinfection etc.

It is supremely frustrating and downright criminally dangerous in my opinion. I know there are legitimate cases where someone should not get the vaccine, but as far as I'm concerned unless you have a reason provided by a legitimate medical doctor, the vaccine should be mandatory.

And if I catch this shit, I'm gonna be PISSED. I have followed ALL the guidelines for the last 18 months, got fully vaccinated in April (the earliest I could for my area), and will continue to mask and socially distance for the foreseeable future (which tbh I actually kinda like and have no problem doing it - I mean... the government telling me to avoid humans and stay home?? Yes please!). And thanks to a large population of anti-vax anti-science flat-earth 'but mah free-dumb' 'but the vaccine is a tracking device' (what about your fucking PHONE that you are never off of you idiot?!?) neanderthals, I am still at risk. Makes me fluff up like an angry chicken!

Ok rant over

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8681988

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 7:49 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

((tush))

I can not even imagine how you feel and I am so sorry you are going through this.

Sending prayer.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1678   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8681989

Want2BHappyAgain ( member #45088) posted at 8:05 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

Would the monoclonal antibody infusion work for your son? Or because he is vaccinated the doctors don't feel the need?

Our area is showing 10% of those hospitalized have had the vaccine...but 15% of the deaths are from vaccinated people...which is scary.

You had mentioned in a previous post that treatments at your hospital were going well...has it gotten worse?

I am so sorry to see this hitting so close to home for you...and I will be praying for your family (((HUGS))).

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8681996

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 9:36 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

Thanks for the positive thoughts all.

Yes the treatments are going well.
No he does not qualify because he is healthy, and basically just snotty.

I really need a few days away from it. It's been in my face, all day 10 hours a day for 13 days straight, and the numbers just keep going up.

I need a time out.

I get all fluffed up like an angry chicken too.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

id 8682015

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 10:14 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

Read how our country handled the pandemic of 1812 and realize people actually had SENSE back then. Of course we had a lot less people but everyone did the right thing.

One of my best friends great grandfather is buried in a mass grave with 30 other 1812 victims. Old black and white photos show everyone wearing home-made masks back then.

id 8682024

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 10:15 PM on Friday, August 6th, 2021

I'm so sorry, Tush. You must be exhausted.

I'll be interested to see what happens with the numbers once the school year starts next week (by me). We are fully in person this year, with no mask mandate for students and staff (visitors must mask up). However, masks are " highly recommended."

When my kids were exposed, I was militant about hand washing, mask wearing (yes, even inside my own house!), And bleaching/lysoling every surface of my house. And we all still got it. The difference the school year will be fewer masks, and more kids in person. Crossing my fingers there is no spike 🤞🤞🤞

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4520   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8682025

HFSSC ( member #33338) posted at 12:11 AM on Saturday, August 7th, 2021

I was literally about to start my own version of this thread. I am so sorry.

We had a (fully vaccinated) partner test positive last Saturday. This was after we’d had 4 separate family members call after visiting all day to inform us they’d tested positive. In the ensuing round of rapid testing the whole facility we had one patient and 2 partners test positive.

So the COVID unit is open again. 🤬🤬

Staffing is horrible. And I am so fucking sick of all of it.

Oh, and I’ll start another thread about the rest of the fun I’m having.

Sick of idiots who won’t get fucking vaccinated. Won’t wear masks. Won’t distance. We have had 4 families at my church test positive. Oh, but we don’t want to wear masks. No, no, no. Faith over fear doncha know?

And my sister (not vaxed because she insists she had COVID in October 2019) is butthurt because my special needs nephew’s girlfriend (also SN and at VERY high risk) isn’t allowed to see him because he is not vaxed.

1,000% over it all.

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4956   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8682041

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 2:05 AM on Saturday, August 7th, 2021

I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this.

Some people on our community page started to complain about the back to school plan and wearing masks. I tried....tried so hard to keep scrolling. Even turned it off but just had to come back and rip into them all.

One person said that kids weren't at risk of getting sick and those who had were rare.

I snapped back at her saying sure its rare but IF it was YOUR child who was really sick or died I'm sure you would be upset...i didn't even bother to explain the long term effects they are seeing with kids who tested positive...

I did say that my kids have been in summer school and haven't once complained about masks!!! Just the stupid adults...

I just want to slap every mask bitching, anti vax idiot and stick them all on the short bus so they can lick the windows together....

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25800   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8682052

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 3:28 AM on Saturday, August 7th, 2021

I'm so sorry you have this to deal with. Prayers that your DS has a mild case and you and your H don't get sick.

My heart goes out to all of you working in healthcare.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8682061

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 10:55 PM on Saturday, August 7th, 2021

Cases at an all time high in USA today.

Not sure we are ever going to get rid of this STUFF. Florida has almost 27,000 people in the hospital.

id 8682142

gmc94 ( member #62810) posted at 12:02 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

Hey Tush - so sorry to hear this. Hope you'll keep us posted.

M >25yrs/grown kids
DD1 1994 ONS prostitute
DD2 2018 exGF1 10+yrEA & 10yrPA... + exGF2 EA forever & "made out" 2017
9/18 WH hung himself- died but revived

It's rude to say "I love you" with a mouthful of lies

id 8682143

million pieces ( member #27539) posted at 12:51 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

This variant seems to be worse. We have a lot younger people in our hospital, mainly I suspect that they have the lowest vax rate. My neighbor's 25 YO son has been on the vent for 2 weeks right now at the highest level hospital in our state. Staff (who've mostly been vac'd since Dec) are starting to get sick. We are back to wearing n95 and googles for every patient. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

Me - 52 D-Day 2/5/10, separated 3 wks later, Divorced 11/15/11!!!!

posts: 2040   ·   registered: Feb. 10th, 2010   ·   location: MD
id 8682146

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 2:02 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

So sorry to hear you and your family are going through this. I honestly don't know how health care workers face their jobs every day right now.

Fingers crossed that your son is OK, and you and H don't catch it, even if you are vaccinated.

And yes, some people will use this as an excuse to invalidate the vaccine efficacy, but there's also a lot of people who are running out and getting it finally. Vax rates are up, which is a good thing!

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1334   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8682151

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 2:43 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

Tushnurse, how is he today? Sure hope he is better!

The new numbers are so scary. I just read that a cab company in St. Louis plan to not pick up masked customers or vaccinated customers. How stupid is that?

And Canada plans to open their border on Monday. I don't think that's wise.

My daughter has a friend teaching in Japan. She is in the hospital. She said Japan has gone back to wiping down groceries or anything else coming into the home from 'outside.'

The schools in my state do NOT have to notify the parents if their kids have been exposed to the virus. So I guess the times of quarantining are over.

We are not being SMART.

id 8682159

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 2:56 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

The schools in my state do NOT have to notify the parents if their kids have been exposed to the virus.

I read that's how it is in Texas, too. I don't get it. More children are getting it now because their vaccination rates are lower than adults.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1334   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8682168

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 3:07 AM on Sunday, August 8th, 2021

Tush,

Hope things are going better. Masks wearing is necessary. All the health care workers are exhausted, people still think this is a hoax.
Hopefully, you will get a break soon.

[This message edited by PricklePatch at 3:08 AM, Sunday, August 8th]

BS Fwh

id 8682171

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 1:29 AM on Monday, August 9th, 2021

Thanks all.
Son is doing better and typical of him when he is sick... he is sleeping a ton.

I spent the weekend relaxing and helping my H build a duck blind on a boat. So essentially getting heat stroke. Lol.

I am putting in for a few days off tomorrow for the following week I hope. Just need a mental break. Also I am limiting my hours for my well being. Of course I'm having a flare of my RA/PA so it is definitely time for some self care. Soemthing us nurses are really bad at.

id 8682273

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 1:44 PM on Friday, August 13th, 2021

Well it's been a week since diagnosis. My son is doing much better, he was never awful but spent most a week sleeping about 16-20 hours a day. He has been locked in his room, and forced to wear a mask outside of it, he forgot last night and came down without it, and I jumped all over him. LOL. He has a special bond with our 12.5 yo lab, and they haven't seen each other at all this week, so she spent the night with him last night. She kept going upstairs and laying outside of his room.

So far so good on H and I. Fingers crossed we get through it without issue.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

id 8683238
This Topic is Archived
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy