Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
I’m getting a new baby!!!!!

Topic is Sleeping.

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 3:16 AM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

OK… I’ve had dogs my whole life. I can never remember back far enough that I did not have at least one dog. We are a family of five and through much of our family life, each of us has had a dog. So five dogs at a time.

Recently, I had three dogs that were getting older, and two of them passed away within six months of each other. The one that was left was despondent. It was so sad.

Anyway, in the last year and a half I have two new dogs, for a total of three. They are SO awesome! And I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never have another new puppy, because I’m getting old enough to where I have to be responsible for what happens if they outlive me, Anyway, I always said that I would never have another puppy unless it was a female, miniature, dachshund puppy. But I knew it would never happen, because they are so very expensive.

But tonight, out of the clear blue, my granddaughter’s mama sent me a picture of a puppy, a couple of hours from us that is a red, female, eight week old, miniature dachshund that needs to be rehomed.

Long story short… We will be traveling Sunday morning to get her! I am so very very, very excited! And, although my H thinks, I’m nuts, I know that he’s happy too. Because our favorite dog that we have ever had was a small miniature dachshund that adored him so much. And this little puppy is very docile and quiet, and I know that she will love to lie in the bed with him during the day, and they will fall in love.

I’m just so excited!!!

If only I knew how to post a picture, I would let you see her.

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8784000

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 3:48 AM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

How great! Did you realize that yesterday was National Puppy Day?

posts: 2073   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8784005

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 4:17 AM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

Aw such a sweet story!
And national puppy day :)

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1678   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8784008

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 1:41 PM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

No, I absolutely didn’t know about "National Puppy Day".

Even more perfect!

id 8784037

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 7:36 PM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

How fun!

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6072   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8784086

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 10:03 PM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

Congratulations!!!

My H is actually gone this weekend picking the actual pup of a litter from the breeder we got our last Lab from.
He will come home on Easter weekend.

Our hospice lab is still kicking, most days doing well, but has kidney failure, and a splebic tumor that was the size of a softball in July.

So we planned ahead thinking we would be down to one but it looks like we will have a 14yo, 4yo and 8 weeks old soon.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8784110

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 11:35 PM on Saturday, March 25th, 2023

Oh Goodness, Tushnurse!!! You too? I just finally made a puppy choice after 3 months of diligent searching. Don't want to say just yet, the litter was only born 2 weeks ago....but it will be a little version of the late great Mr. Kodiak we lost, except it will be 100% Czech German Shepherd instead of half Labrador!! (No pup will ever replace my old boy, but this was the best we could find to try...)

I hope your old girl enjoys the new life in the house as she carries on with her geriatric issues! And hope the work load doesn't overwhelm you all.

I'm already pinching myself about "who is going to do what with this 10 week old GSD when he arrives?" :)

And the decision was reached on "National Puppy Day" for me, too!!! I never heard of that but it's a real thing.
Arrrffff

posts: 2073   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8784123

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 3:21 AM on Sunday, March 26th, 2023

We are huge weenie enthusiasts in my family. Between my mom and I we've had 7 in the last 20 or so years. I'm so jealous, they are about the cutest puppies ever! Stubborn as all get out, but so adorable you just put up with their shenanigans laugh

So excited for you!!

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8784142

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 6:01 AM on Sunday, March 26th, 2023

Whatsrigth, a new fur baby puppy in the house will be the BEST medicine!

Every nwo and then I get puppy fever or even an older, big dog fever - but my two little doggies are SO jealous. When I visit my daughter and come home, they know I've been playing with another doggy and punish me by turning their backs on me for a while. laugh I would really like to get another golden retriever - perhaps a senior in need of a home - but they would make so much yapping noise they'd probably make him a nervous wreck. smile

"Because I deserve better"

id 8784152

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 9:14 AM on Sunday, March 26th, 2023

Well, a little hitch on the plans.

Just as I was trying to drift off to sleep at about midnight, so excited about the morning to go get the puppy, she texted and says that she has food poisoning she thinks, and is very sick, and could we plan it for another day.

So things will be postponed just a bit, but that’s OK. I feel really bad that she’s sick, but it wouldn’t hurt for me to go and get a collar and some different things at the pet store so I’ll be completely ready when I go get her.

Really love to hear you all talking about precious baby doggies! I think a miniature dachshund is my favorite dog, but a golden retriever is just about the most wonderful breed there is, I think.

I have never had a dachshund that had a back issue, and I’ve had them all my life. But I am going to order some doggie stairs for the bed and couch just the same.

I’m quite concerned about what my current doggies will think about this new addition. I’m hoping it won’t be too long until we are an even bigger happy family! I think even H is excited. He spends a lot of time alone in bed while I am doing other things. Because we have been told that she’s very quiet, and docile and shy, I think that she will really enjoy just snuggling with him. (Despite all of the negative things I have shared regarding my H, he is quiet and shy himself. So I think they will get along famously. He was very hopeful after meeting with the OT the other day and now that the anabiotic is helping him feel better, I think he’s really encouraged. So, maybe this will just be perfect timing!)

id 8784155

Gottagetthrough ( member #27325) posted at 1:46 PM on Sunday, March 26th, 2023

so happy for you! i love dachshunds! our current puppy (5 years old so not really a puppy but small!) is maltese mix, but favors the maltese look. omg he is the Worst dog ever! he outsmarts us every day!!!! he sleeps in our bed and eats our food (steals it! we try to not feed him people food) He steals things like shows and toys and bribgs them to us to make us give him a treat! He is a total blackmailer!!! laugh

he knows he is king of the house!!! laugh We love him so much and honestly he’s everyones favorite family member! laugh

id 8784165

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 8:00 AM on Monday, March 27th, 2023

That’s great news! You needed a perk up.

BS Fwh

id 8784296

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 2:59 PM on Tuesday, March 28th, 2023

PUPPY UPDATE:

Well, the latest is that this poor woman - the one who has my new baby - finally went to the doctor, and, yes…she has COVID!

So there is no telling when I will get to go get "Bonnie Lou". (Not much of a mystery that I’m southern - haha!)

In the meantime I have got her little sunflower collar and leash to match her sisters, steps for the couch and bed, and I’m looking for the perfect bed. (Not that she will ever be in it.☺️)

There is a small corner of my brain that is worried that she may just sell her to someone who lives closer to her. So we continue to text her with updates re her toys and ‘accessories’ so that she will maybe be less likely to sell her to someone else. We even told her that I will drive the whole way to her town, rather than meeting her halfway.

You know, I think y’all are totally right - I need (and deserve, BTW ) this sweet angel puppy. I have been going insane obsessing about my son, and his safety, and my H’s health, etc. I’m still scared to death, but my brain has to have a break from all of that from time to time!

Hopefully, within the next week or so. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

id 8784521

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 2:33 AM on Wednesday, March 29th, 2023

Oh WhatsRight, I do the same thing now with the breeder who is raising "my baby" overseas! A couple days ago, I sent her a photo of our other dog her pup will be identical to, so she can hopefully see we know the drill with her particular line of dogs. And then yesterday, I emailed to beg for baby pictures, as it was my birthday - and she obliged!

You'd think anyone who cares for a dog would have the heart to not sell or give their promised pup to another, but I understand your anxious feelings about that, too. I hope she is feeling well enough to appreciate what you're sharing with her. Non-responses are the worst, for me.

I know, though. It all makes us wonder sometimes why there have to be so many twists and turns? 😣 🐕‍🦺

id 8784617

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 2:42 AM on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023

I think I am nervous about that because a couple of years ago I was searching for a puppy, and 3 days before I was to travel to get her, the person called and said that someone else came by without an appointment and wanted my puppy and her sister. And since she didn’t want to separate them, she gave her my puppy too.

Still no word about “Bonnie”.

😩

[This message edited by WhatsRight at 2:48 AM, Sunday, April 2nd]

id 8785377

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 3:09 PM on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023

WhatsRight, by now, I know I'd be starting to think the same kinds of thoughts. Although, if the woman is really down with Covid as you were told, it is reasonable that she might not even be thinking too much about anything else but getting back on her feet. Time may be dragging for you but maybe not for her....

However, you want a new baby dog, and as people have been telling me for months, there will be one out there for you! If this doesn't work out, don't feel defeated, just keep hunting. PM me for a source to start looking, even as you wait.

id 8785412

WhatsRight (original poster member #35417) posted at 4:55 PM on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023

I’m not proud of the fact that I’m a worrier. This woman has given us no reason to doubt her.

I really feel lucky that we found this puppy. I just can’t afford a miniature dachshund at regular prices. Because this baby is being rehomed - due to an allergic response by a child in the home - I am very lucky to have a greatly reduced price.

There is a lot of drama happening at my house right now (big shocker) so I’m going to pray for this woman’s speedy for 2 reasons. Just because I want her to get over Covid, of course, and also so that we can get that puppy home!!!

id 8785423

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 7:03 PM on Wednesday, April 5th, 2023

Whatsright, I hope you get your baby soon!

id 8785817

strawblond30 ( member #6263) posted at 8:04 PM on Wednesday, April 5th, 2023

I hope you get your baby soon. I use to breed miniature dachshunds. I’ve since moved onto Goldendoodles . I absolutely love your babies name !! Btw my name is Bonny 🥰

Divorced 2013 after several years of infidelity on both sides. Remarried July 2018 my new husband Is opposite from Ex. I can actually breath with out worrying what he is doing. Living my best life now .

posts: 1122   ·   registered: Jan. 19th, 2005   ·   location: illinois
id 8785824

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 10:08 PM on Wednesday, April 5th, 2023

I took my doggies to the groomer for a nail trim yesterday. There was a Golden-doodle there named ANCHOR and he was half way through his hair cut. She put him off the table to do my doggie's nails and Anchor came straight to me. So loveable! I could fall in love with a Golden-Doodle for sure. smile

My Chiweenie is a very loveable dog so I'm guessing that is a trait with miniature dachshunds. My dog is little, weighs 6lbs. He has to sleep behind the crook of my legs every night. Sometimes tho he likes to sleep up next to me and he wants to be covered up with just his head out from underneath the covers. He snores. smile Whatsright, you will enjoy that puppy so much. Hope you get the little treasure home soon.

I miss having a large dog and love Goldens and Labs. When I get health issues settled, I'm going to look for a rescue.

id 8785838
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy