Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
The whats on your mind thread

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 11:57 AM on Sunday, June 5th, 2022

What's the 100 acres like? Trees and grasses?

The front is open pasture, mixed grasses.

Back 3/4 is forest. There's a large pond in the back. The area is mostly shale rock with a foot of dirt on top (we have a few quarries around us and one right next door on 400 acres that isnt used because id bad access). Not good for planting at all.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25800   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8738712

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:02 PM on Sunday, June 5th, 2022

Before covid my brother got me a gift certificate for a daith piercing. He got it and his migraines have been greatly reduced.

Then covid hit and I never got around to it.

Both my girls have mentioned wanting to get their ears pierced.

Friday my brother texts me that he's made us all appointments and paid for the girls as a birthday gift to them. He said make sure I have my gift certificate.

Even with the Emla numbing cream the girls said they felt it but both were Champs. They got beautiful pink studs.

I got the barbell type.

Woke up this morning. NO headache. Yay!!!

It was a fun day out, just us girls. Stopped by my parents. My dad is almost done his chemo. He looks awful right now. Very pale. His face is bruised from a fall he had. Seeing the girls made him happy. My mom happily showed off all of her gardens.

My other brother gave dd a massive bow since she loves archery.

When the girls and i got home we all went out fishing. DS caught his first largemouth bass and wh caught a nice size northern pike. I'll have to break out my rod and scum frog and show those boys how it's done lmao

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8738721

getbusyliving ( member #71058) posted at 3:18 AM on Monday, June 6th, 2022

Just dropped into this thread for the first time smile
We live in a small city and there are a few people in our suburb with chickens and we are allowed them here. I am thinking about it once I retire (or not work full time) in 5 years time. We have a back section they could live in which is our working part of the garden so not worried what they do there. So just in the planning, what are the types of chickens people have and how much space is fair per chicken? The back section would be approximately 160 square metres which roughly translates to 1722 square feet. We are re-doing the garden again so was thinking of incorporating some chicken planning. Would love to have bees as well.

id 8738807

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:33 PM on Tuesday, June 7th, 2022

So just in the planning, what are the types of chickens people have and how much space is fair per chicken?

If the birds are being kept in a coop/run they need around 10 square feet per bird. You can get away with less if they have time to free range.

Currently I have Wyandottes, Ameraucanas, copper marans, olive eggers and polish.

id 8739042

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 1:23 AM on Wednesday, June 15th, 2022

I am thinking about weather. We are under drought restrictions and my garden is going to have a tough time this summer. Trying to re arrange things and repot. Looking at areas and wondering if I should put down brick or stone. Yellowstone has flooded and roads are out so maybe our vacation just went poof.....we could scramble to get reservations somewhere else....I'm not a good last minute person I like to plan.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8740256

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:39 AM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

This is the only place I should post on a Friday night after fun drinking, I’m sad to find this on page 3.

What’s on my mind? Well on New Year’s Day I called a press conference and announced my retirement from whiskey and I’m good there, I’m not a drinker, but after a few beers and a dozen games of corn hole, I know better than to go anywhere else on SI 😀

See y’all tomorrow

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3475   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8745990

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 2:05 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

but after a few beers and a dozen games of corn hole, I

Dare I ask what the game of corn hole involves??? laugh

On my mind....

Bulldogs snore loud!

Goats are assholes, especially bucks.

My six goats decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the ROAD. Despite electric fence, 6 foot tall fence and actual sheep/goat fence they could not be contained. So I locked them into the extended pig area! 6 foot plus fence topped with barbed wore. Giz, my younger buck managed to jump the gate so I got a bucket of grain to lead him back. I DID NOT bring my lunge whip. Big mistake. One second with my back turned and he rammed me so hard it knocked the wind out of me. None of the goats will get close when I have the whip.

Ugh! I hurt so bad!

id 8746006

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 2:23 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

This heat! So many, many days with over 100 degree plus temps. It really zaps energy to go outside for anything. And the wildfires! Everything is so dry. We definitely need some rain. Heck, I wouldn't mind a few inches of snow and sleet right now.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8746008

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 3:19 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

Dare I ask what the game of corn hole involves???

Yea not a fan of the name, you set the boards 21 feet apart outside and toss bean bags at the hole.

We had a great time with neighbors but the heat is awful.

id 8746014

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:25 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

Yea not a fan of the name, you set the boards 21 feet apart outside and toss bean bags at the hole.

We had a great time with neighbors but the heat is awful.

Ok that wasn't what I was thinking. Lmao

And I agree. The heat has been bad. Not as bad ad otjer places but for us Canadians so used to Elsa weather, the heat is to much.

Add to that rain and it's a muggy heat. We had brief rain storms yesterday that made everything so much more sticky.

id 8746015

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 4:07 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

We live in the Dallas area, it hit 109 a few days this week with a few short pop up showers. It cooled off for a second, then made it so humid 😩

id 8746017

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 7:26 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

I lived in Ft. Worth for about 100 years with my exH (ok…it was only 2).

And I totally remember the humidity.

Stifling.

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8746033

Want2BHappyAgain ( member #45088) posted at 7:54 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

Here in the Gulf South...it has rained almost EVERY afternoon. I will take this heat and humidity ANY DAY over ice and snow!! It's a good thing we all live in places we LOVE grin !!

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8746038

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 11:36 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

I DID NOT bring my lunge whip. Big mistake. One second with my back turned and he rammed me so hard it knocked the wind out of me.

Oh no he didn’t!!!

Is the young buck still alive???

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8746060

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 11:57 PM on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022

Yes he is young and yes he's alive and well. Locked up with the other goats.

And yes he rammed me very hard. I'm still hurting. He got my lower back, pain shoots up and down. It's awful. I could barely walk. I'm better now but still very sore.

This is the same guy who rammed my legs when I caught him in the sunroom with his head in the can of feed.

Goats are really stupid! They will eat grain until their gut literally explodes!

This guy's dad is head of herd. Dad kicks his sons butt any time son goes near thr ladies so he's ummmm frustrated.

Still doesn't give him any right to beat on me!

id 8746061

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:42 PM on Sunday, July 24th, 2022

Please note I do not hit the animals with the whip. They are trained to respect my space, the length of the whip simply by making it Crack. They don't like the sound.

No whip and Giz totally invaded my space.

Went from beyond hot and sunny yesterday to cloudy, but still muggy with thunderstorm warnings for today.

id 8747014

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 3:32 PM on Sunday, July 24th, 2022

Dang goat! Hope youre a little less sore today.
I miss my chickens. We got wiped out when we went on our family vacation.
So we are going without birds until next spring. I would like to get one goat to protect them a bit more. We have had issues with Coyotes in our area the past 2 springs and they are hell on a flock of birds and will do whatever it takes to get at an easy food source.

Today is supposed to be our last day of extreme heat. While I love hot weather I am ready for a break.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8747020

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:36 PM on Sunday, July 24th, 2022

I'm a but better today but last night OMG thr pain doen my leg was awful. I swear he hit a nerve.

My chickens are still inside thr house. My coop roof got ripped off on one side. I'm replacing with metal roofing this week. Then they will go out.

As for goats protecting against coyotes. My experience has said nope. Maybe against one but a pack or even just two coyotes will take down a goat easily. And it needs to be thr larger breed goat. Mine are pygmies. Small, expect expect the dad buck. He looks like a Sannan to me. Taller.

id 8747022

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:48 PM on Sunday, July 24th, 2022

I love living in the country but .......... I literally HATE snakes. I don't care if they are 'good snakes' or bad snakes, I hate them all. A few weeks ago I thought I heard something in my upper kitchen cabinets. You know -- the cabinets that are empty because they are useless to people 5 foot tall. So I decided to go look and opened the cabinet door by the kitchen sink and there is a damn snake staring at me, wound all around my spices! I literally almost had a heart attack, couldn't breathe .. and I slammed the door and ran. Called my niece's husband to come over and he got that SOB out and he was 5 feet long!! Niece's husband says ...'it's a GOOD snake, a rat snake" and it kills bad snakes. I know this is true. I have a video of a very large rat snake killing a Copperhead in my front yard while my barn cats watched with interest!

Niece's H took the kitchen cabinet snake out to the edge of my property and freed it. A week later my neighbor across the road (the Hospice nurse) woke up and found that damn snake in her bedroom! He traveled across the road. Pictures were taken so I know it's the same snake. She isn't afraid of snakes so there she is out in her front yard, her sister taking pictures of her holding kitchen cabinet snake! She then took him/her to the back of her property where there is a small pond. I hope he drowns!

So this morning I went into my utility room closet to get the sweeper and what do I see??!! A snake skin that is well over 6 feet long. I have been having a 'feeling' there is a second snake inside. I was in that utility room closet a week ago and that dang snake skin was not in there.

At lease my niece's husband found the snake entry point -- around my dryer vent. Did I say how much I hate snakes?!! Saying it again! So now I have to watch out for the mate that I just KNOW is still in this house. My house is fairly large with three unused bedroom that I mainly keep the doors closed so this Asswipe could be anywhere in this house! I'm inviting some people over tonight to help me hunt it down. THIS time he/she will NOT get a free pass. I'm going to beat it with a baseball bat. Better the snake dies by baseball bat than me die of a heart attack! Everyone out this way are having issues with snakes - getting in their houses and cars, under vehicle hoods, etc. I have never had this problem with snakes before and would only occasionally see one when I'd be mowing or sitting outside. The barn cats do a great job of keeping them at bay away from the house. I know it's because it's so hot and snakes are seeking cool places. But I don't CARE.

[This message edited by Jeaniegirl at 3:49 PM, Sunday, July 24th]

"Because I deserve better"

id 8747025

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 4:04 PM on Sunday, July 24th, 2022

shocked shocked shocked

I am terrified of snakes. I hope you find snake number two!!! That is just awful.

We had one in our garage a few years ago. My H won't kill them so instead he transports them a few miles away so they won't come back. I spotted it while getting out of my car. I ran out of the garage like I was running for my life yelling SNAKE!!!! rolleyes laugh

Sending you snake finding/removing mojo.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8747026
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy