Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
GD Stoopid Dumb Dumb Rona

This Topic is Archived

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 5:20 PM on Friday, August 27th, 2021

Sending positive thoughts to you and all other healthcare and essential workers during this challenging time!

Hope your son is well again.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1678   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8685854

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 5:30 PM on Friday, August 27th, 2021

Thank you . He is fully recovered and back to work.
Our numbers this week are up again, and seems patients are sicker again.
My county reported 33.5% of newly infected are fully vaxd.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8685856

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 10:55 PM on Friday, August 27th, 2021

My county reported 33.5% of newly infected are fully vaxd.

But what are the hospital admission numbers for fully vaxxed people?

IS the vaccine doing what its meant to? Reducing the need for ICU care and death?

The director of education for our school board sent out a letter to parents today welcoming students to in person learning and then posting the protocols for school. Like last year theres no visitors, including parents, allowed IN the school.

In the comments one parent went off on a rant that "oh so all non vaccinated parents cant come into the school". She was corrected,that its Everyone but that lead to a few posts going on that the non vaxxed are losing more and more they can do or places they can go.

I wanted to just scream at them.

JUST FUCKING GET VAXXED ALREADY AND STOP BITCHING!!!

I didnt respond. Its not worth the headache. But i am sick and tired of people complaining non stop that covid is a hoax, the vaccine is a tracking device and all the bullshit of peoples rights.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25800   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8685896

tushnurse (original poster member #21101) posted at 3:12 PM on Saturday, August 28th, 2021

Actually Drgn no. Vaxd in ICU is up. Some hospital reporting 11% some more.
Deaths of vaxd are up as well.
My county had 5 deaths this week. 2 were vaxd.

That's my point. Yes the vax saves lives but it isn't something that makes you immune. You still need to be careful and cautious.

If you have symptoms get tested and if you are sick with Comoros conditions ask for infusion therapy. Remdesivir, steroids, decongestants, and cough suppressants seem to make a huge difference early on.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8685987

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 11:23 PM on Saturday, August 28th, 2021

That's my point. Yes the vax saves lives but it isn't something that makes you immune. You still need to be careful and cautious.

Up here the numbers reflect the opposite. Hospitalizations and ICU beds are being taken up by unvaxed.

I agree with what you said though, thats why mask mandates and social distancing is still so important. The problem comes with people not even doing that never mind getting vaxxed.

I just feel that this will never end given the pushback on everything being recommended and mandated. Thats the depressing part for me.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8686044

Gottagetthrough ( member #27325) posted at 7:44 AM on Sunday, August 29th, 2021

Vaxd in ICU is up. Some hospital reporting 11% some more.
Deaths of vaxd are up as well.
My county had 5 deaths this week. 2 were vaxd.

Fuuuuuccck. I hate covid. So much. I feel personally responsible (im not joking) since I commented early on that I was happy to stay at home with my then 5 month old and older kids. I was fucking HAPPY. I cant tell you how much guilt I have from enjoying those first months of lockdown.

Its fucked up so much in my life. I just want it to go away. We are all fully vaxxed. I still nurse the baby (toddler) so he gets some antibodies from me. I was hoping that was it, we were good. Now this??

Im glad to hear your son has come through ok, tushnurse.

id 8686070

HFSSC ( member #33338) posted at 2:15 AM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

Just have to come here and share/vent/whatever.

I’m so tired of all this shit.

I am a nurse. I am a Christian. I care deeply about people. I am also someone who reads and studies voraciously. I’ve been like that my whole life. I LOVE to learn. I was blessed with a mind that grasps new concepts easily and I did well in school. Everyone who knows me knows this about me. So it’s really hard for me to deal with people who accept ridiculous information as fact. It’s really really hard for me to not take it personally when people who know me reject information that is based in objective science and cling to propaganda or rumors.

That’s a me problem. I know. But dadgum! People reject the vaccine but they are taking Ivermectin formulated for COWS and HORSES! WTAF???? What is wrong with people?

My pastor’s wife declined to allow me to post on our ladies group FB page about masks, vaccines and faith. Her father passed away last year from liver cancer. She drove him 8 hours to some “natural practitioner” who prescribed 80 pills a day of some “natural vitamins and plant derivatives”. Oh, and this natural stuff is incompatible with opioids so she asked me if I knew any non opioid pain medicines he could take while she was cramming these vitamins in him to keep him alive because they weren’t ready for him to die yet.

I just can’t with this. You’ll go to some quack you found on the internet and pump your dying father full of some “plant derivatives” that you have no clue about, but vaccines and masks are where you draw the line??

Then I was called a commie fucking bastard last week. Not by the preacher’s wife. Some rando on Facebook. Because I didn’t agree that it was a horrific abuse of a child and worth suing an urgent care that tested a 6 year old for COVID against the mother’s will.

Some of y’all know me IRL/Facebook. I tend to mostly just post the hospital numbers, articles from the 3 epidemiologists that I follow and occasionally add a personal appeal. Something like “If you are hesitant and have questions, please feel free to ask me.” So today I got a lovely missive by messenger. Someone else from my church. Let me just say it was not kind. It was not at all a request for information.

And I’m so, so tired. All I care about is people. Every single life matters to me. A dear, lifelong friend of mine posted something last week in support of health care workers and encouraging people to get vaccinated. Another mutual friend popped in with a snarky comment about “flattening the curve that was supposed to take 2 weeks 18 months ago”. And I replied with some of this same feeling that I’m talking about here. I’ve been doing everything in my power to protect my patients, my family, my community and yes, myself. I’ve watched too many people die agonizing and lonely deaths. I’ve suffered physically and spiritually and emotionally. And Meanwhile I’ve been marginalized, ignored and disrespected. I’m accused of living in fear. Sat alone as the only person I wearing a mask while people chattered about “faith over fear” across the aisle. I hear Christians speaking in defiance. Contempt. Sarcasm.

PLEASE NOTE: this is not to provoke or invite any sort of religious debate. I’m sharing my personal frame of reference and my feelings. If you don’t believe, that’s cool. I am in no way proselytizing and I’m not denigrating any other faith or lack thereof.

That being said, in Matthew 22, Jesus was asked which was the greatest commandment. And He said to love the Lord God with all your heart and soul mind and strength. And the second is to love your neighbor as yourself. In 1st Corinthians, the Apostle Paul wrote about love: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

It just seems to me that most of what I’m hearing from a lot of people is exactly the opposite of those qualities. And it makes me sadder than anything has in a very long time.

[This message edited by HFSSC at 8:15 PM, August 29th (Sunday)]

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4956   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8686166

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 3:06 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

People reject the vaccine but they are taking Ivermectin formulated for COWS and HORSES! WTAF???? What is wrong with people?

Yep and now the availability isnt there and price has skyrocketed for medication needed for animals!!! Idiots!!! Wheres the logic of taking an animal worming medication for a virus? Its like giving yourself an enema for a headache or putting lotion on a broken bone...

I keep wondering in 25,50,100 years, IF mother nature has wiped us out or we haven't done it ourselves, what will people think of the selfishness and just plain craziness being displayed now.

I dont spend much time on FB anymore. I have blocked more people just this week. Its almost constant negativity and its to much to handle.

Perhaps its time you stepped back. You have made the information available. You have done your part. Now take care of you! Your mental health is important.

id 8686203

barcher144 ( member #54935) posted at 3:48 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

Sorry that you have been dealing with this Tushie. I'm glad that your son is largely on the mend. And I can't imagine how difficult your job has become.

This variant seems to be worse.

This variant is not appreciably worse, depending on how you want to look at it. Meaning, it's not necessarily more deadly once you are infected with it. The original variant (wild type) was a highly lethal virus too. This variant certainly seems to be worse for younger people, but it's just as awful for older people.

The main difference between this variant and the previous one, based on my reading of the scientific literature, is simply that it is more contagious. People carry higher viral loads in their mouth, nose, and throat. The evidence that I've seen shows that the viral loads are statistically similar whether you are vaccinated or not, which means that infected individuals shed more virus when breathing, talking, and coughing. Even worse, viral levels are higher and earlier than the previous variants, such that infected people are highly contagious for ~2 days before they exhibit symptoms (compared to, I think, ~8 hours with the previous strains).

The good news about this virus is that it has evolved to be more contagious; it has not (yet) evolved to evade the vaccines that are available.

IS the vaccine doing what its meant to? Reducing the need for ICU care and death?

Yes the vaccines are working great. They are intended to stop severe infections and they are highly effective at doing that. But, they are not 100% effective at doing that. You can still get sick and you can still spread the disease to everyone. One thing that is clear is that people have a really hard time dealing with probability and statistics. There are 300+ million people in the USA; a vaccine can be 95% effective and still allow a lot of people to get really really sick.

There are a handful of major screw-ups with this pandemic that most people don't understand (and I'm blaming poor scientific communication for this). One of these major errors is that we generally consider COVID to be a respiratory virus -- it's more correctly a systemic virus. It starts in your mouth, nose, and throat, but it infects virtually your entire body. The vaccines are particularly effective at preventing systemic infection, but they are not as effective at preventing infections of the upper respiratory regions.

And please, all of you... listen to your doctor, nurses, and other medical professionals for how to handle this disease if you become sick. DO NOT TAKE IVERMECTIN.

Me: Crap, I'm 50 years old. D-Day: August 30, 2016. Two years of false reconciliation. Divorce final: Feb 1, 2021. Re-married: December 3, 2022.

id 8686216

13YearsR ( member #58259) posted at 8:17 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

I lost a double-vaccinated Facebook friend to Covid a few days ago. Her beloved niece brought it home from school. Between being stunned by her death, worrying about my 80yo MIL who lives with me and has COPD, and my 7yo grandson whose school doesn't mask and who spends several days a week with me, I'm friggin' mentally and emotionally fried.

I went to CVS Saturday and got a booster shot. I don't really qualify for it yet, but the dipshit vax deniers don't want it so I'm not taking it away from anyone. I don't feel the least bit guilty. FYI: They're not checking to see if you're eligible.

It's been 6.5 months since my second shot. Israel has started giving boosters at 6mo, and there are multiple reports that the US is considering boosters at 5-6mo, so I went for it.

[This message edited by 13YearsR at 8:31 PM, Monday, August 30th]

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. ~ Gloria Steinem

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence because you're not over there messing it up.

DDay 2004. Successful R. 33 years married

posts: 604   ·   registered: Apr. 13th, 2017   ·   location: TX
id 8686281

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 8:41 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

The main difference between this variant and the previous one, based on my reading of the scientific literature, is simply that it is more contagious.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm reading is this higher viral load is what's perhaps responsible for people ending up really sick, very quickly. With the first variations, you saw hospitalizations increase a couple of weeks after cases increased. With the Delta mutation, hospitalizations are much quicker, sometimes 2-3 days after getting sick. I'm reading that this is a huge difference between how this pandemic initially began, compared to how it is behaving now.

I guess what I'm wondering is, why aren't more people being given Regeneron? And if you get sick, how do you advocate for getting it? Does it have to do with where you seek treatment (hospital or doctor's office?)? I'd sure like to think if I got sick, and demanded Regeneron, whoever was overseeing my care would know where I'd need to be to get it. I mean, if I got sick, and decided I needed to go to an ER, do I have to know what local hospitals in my area have it in stock? Or are we all being fooled into a false sense of security that, if we asked for it, it would happen? Why do we hear of so many high-profile people getting it, but not hearing about average people getting it?

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1334   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8686285

13YearsR ( member #58259) posted at 8:47 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

I don't know much about Regeneron, but my stand-alone ER nurse friend says absolutely do NOT go to a doc-in-the-box if you're having trouble breathing. Go directly to the hospital ER. Also, I think Regeneron has to be administered early, right?

My friend who died tried to ride things out at home. sad

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. ~ Gloria Steinem

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence because you're not over there messing it up.

DDay 2004. Successful R. 33 years married

posts: 604   ·   registered: Apr. 13th, 2017   ·   location: TX
id 8686287

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 9:41 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

My understanding is that the infusions have to be given within a few days of the onset of symptoms and are for patients with mild to moderate symptoms.

My hospital was giving it for free to anyone who needed it and qualified. I don't know if that is still the case.

Some people are under the false belief that not getting vaccinated is no big deal. They can just get an infusion. This is not true.

I don't understand why people are not ok putting the vaccine in their bodies but are ok with the infusion and any and all other meds needed?

No vaccine but use ivermectine? I truly do not understand.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8686294

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 9:43 PM on Monday, August 30th, 2021

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm reading is this higher viral load is what's perhaps responsible for people ending up really sick, very quickly. With the first variations, you saw hospitalizations increase a couple of weeks after cases increased. With the Delta mutation, hospitalizations are much quicker, sometimes 2-3 days after getting sick. I'm reading that this is a huge difference between how this pandemic initially began, compared to how it is behaving now.

It would make sense that a higher viral load would make this strain more risky than the original.

And i believe that mask mandates and social distancing along with vaccinations are what will help combat this pandemic. Yet every day i see or hear of people fighting this so much.

I saw an interview with a doctor discussing vaccine mandates. The individuals right to chose vs preventing overwhelming our hospitals. First off is attending sporting events, concerts and restaurants a right or a privilege? If you are required to wear a mask to attend so that the place can continue to operate is that violating your rights or theirs? They want to operate safely.

Then you have hospitals turning away cancer patients because there's not enough beds. One man ranted and pleaded online with people if they dont want to wear masks, social distance or get the vaccine then stay they hell away from the hospital when they get sick since his wife, who is fighting breast cancer, was told she couldn't get her treatment because they had NO beds.

This is where whats best for society trumps individual rights IMO.

id 8686295

FaithFool ( member #20150) posted at 10:41 PM on Tuesday, August 31st, 2021

Just reading about a big baby who urinated on the counter at a DQ because he didn't want to put on the mask for five minutes. (In Canada)

People marching around with signs advocating lynching (in Canada).

There's a nationwide rally coming tomorrow that's targeting hospitals. People are going feral over the few basic things we need to do to get this done. (In Canada)

I'm really starting to despair for the human race if this is where we're at now. duh

DDay: June 15, 2008
Mistakenly married Mr. Superfreak
20 years of OWs, WTF?
Divorced Dec 26, 2011
"Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget
to sing in the lifeboats". -- Voltaire

posts: 21573   ·   registered: Jul. 7th, 2008   ·   location: Canada
id 8686528

musiclovingmom ( member #38207) posted at 11:24 PM on Tuesday, August 31st, 2021

11 school days. Even with high staff vaccination rates and indoor masking required for everyone, that’s how many days we were in class before going remote for the next week. We had two positive staff cases and their close contacts would have knocked out over half our students anyway. Plus, we have at least two staff out for other illness (Covid negative) and there just aren’t ANY subs.
My best friend’s husband had an emergency appendectomy yesterday. She got a text from her dept head today letting her know the sub in her room was sent home for refusing to wear a mask and so "other teachers" are covering her classes.
Oh. And did I mention our district just hired a lawyer and joined several other districts in suing the public education department over the mask mandate.
I am so done with this year already. If we didn’t need my insurance, I’d quit.

id 8686538

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 1:29 AM on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021

Just reading about a big baby who urinated on the counter at a DQ because he didn't want to put on the mask for five minutes. (In Canada)

People marching around with signs advocating lynching (in Canada).

There's a nationwide rally coming tomorrow that's targeting hospitals. People are going feral over the few basic things we need to do to get this done. (In Canada)

Omg i hadn't heard about any of that.

I'm really starting to despair for the human race if this is where we're at now

Oh me too.

musiclovingmom.

Oh wow. 11 days. How scary. I can see the same happening here as well.

id 8686548

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 4:45 AM on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021

Just reading about a big baby who urinated on the counter at a DQ because he didn't want to put on the mask for five minutes

This is a real thing, not just something someone read. A family member manages a very busy tap room that has plenty of outdoor space for customers, in an area where the weather is always good. But you have to go inside for the bathroom. A couple of guys (hadn't even been there long enough to be drunk), came inside to use the restroom. The family member told them they needed to put on a mask. They raised a big stink, but the manager insisted, in a very friendly way. So one guy put his mask on long enough to go into the restroom, and pee all over it. The friend of the asshole tried to make excuses for him, telling the staff that they both work in a school and had just been told they will need to get vaccinated, per the state's new mandate that all employees must be vaccinated within the next couple of months (no opt out for weekly testing). So the poor guy was pissed (no pun intended) that he was being told what to do by his employer, and took it out on this tap room's restroom. Yea, he pulled a childlike move, but the kicker is... think about it, these guys WORK IN EDUCATION AND don't want to get vaccinated to protect their students!!! These are the kinds of people around your children... being told they have to get vaccinated, being unhappy about it, and went to a local business and peed all over the bathroom.

There's just all kinds of selfish people out there with MAJOR entitlement issues.

I was going through some old childhood papers, etc. last week, and ran across my vaccination card, showing which vaccines I'd had and when, and which diseases I'd had. People, this isn't anything new... just get the fucking vaccine you fucking babies.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1334   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8686570

HFSSC ( member #33338) posted at 11:59 AM on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021

Preach it!!

I have coworkers and colleagues who are freaked out about the vaccines as well. We work in nursing homes. With the most vulnerable people in our care. What I truly can’t wrap my head around is the nurses. People who graduated from an accredited school of nursing and passed state boards. But they are buying into the conspiracy theories or throwing out these ridiculous “reasons” for their aversion to the vaccine.

Idk, maybe I’m just overestimating the mental capacity of people, but if you are taking care of live human beings, you should really be able to read a research paper (or at the barest minimum, an article in the equivalent of People magazine) and understand it. How people can read an article about mRNA and the development of these vaccines and still worry about fertility or changes in their “molecular structure” whatever the hell that means… it terrifies me for their patients.

Another thing I’m really sick of. “We have to respect both sides of the mask issue.” No, the fuck, we do not. I do not have to respect your ridiculous toddler tantrum about this because it affects me and those I love. If you want to believe that showering in urine makes your skin glow and protects you from sunburn… well, rock on and you do you. But if you decide to spray pee all over me, we are gonna have a problem.

Respect opinions, my ass.

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4956   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8686583

devotedman ( member #45441) posted at 3:22 PM on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021

^^^^ So much this.

Why is smallpox not a problem? Vaccination.

Why aren't people in wheelchairs and iron lungs? Vaccination.

Me: 2xBS b 1962 xWW after 2 decades, xWGF after almost 1.
Amelia Pond: Who are you?
The Doctor: I don't know yet. I'm still cooking.
ENFP-A. Huh.

posts: 5155   ·   registered: Oct. 30th, 2014   ·   location: Central USA
id 8686606
This Topic is Archived
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy