Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Reconciliation :
Thankful Thursday

outofsorts ( member #70701) posted at 3:40 AM on Friday, February 4th, 2022

I'm thankful I was able to travel to visit my parents. First time seeing them in over two years thanks to COVID!!

You are making me hungry with all of this pickle talk! laugh

Me(BW): 40WH: 40 Married 7 years, together 20.
Dday 2/22/19 Reconciling

id 8713690

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 1:31 PM on Friday, February 4th, 2022

outofsorts...what a BLESSING that was grin !!

I wasn't LOOKING to buy pickles when I went down that aisle...but those sweet gherkins called my name laugh !! Just 15 calories for 3 of them too!! I can eat TWO servings if I want...which made my mind HAPPY thinking about that "splurge" grin !!

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8713746

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:59 PM on Thursday, February 10th, 2022

What a GORGEOUS Thankful Thursday it is today grin !! We've probably seen the last of the freezing weather down here...although given the last few years...ANYTHING can and will happen laugh !!

My H and I were doing our daily Bible Study this morning...and we were lamenting about how we didn't put God FIRST in our M for decades sad . We used to use all of the excuses...little kids...big bills...work...stress...etc. Now we have big kids and little bills...but work and stress have remained constant even though they have changed somewhat. WE have changed too by putting God FIRST smile . Starting our day an hour earlier used to seem like something we just couldn't do...but it really hasn't been that much of a burden at all. WHY didn't we see this before???!!!

There are a LOT of "woulda...coulda...shoulda's" to lament on...but NONE of them can change the past. If we LIVE in the PAST...we can't move forward. We did a lot of messed up stuff in our M...some together and some separately. But WE are still together...growing...and LOVING our life NOW grin . NOW is what counts!!

TODAY I am very THANKFUL for the life I am living...with my H...and putting God FIRST grin .

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

posts: 6630   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8715179

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 4:05 PM on Friday, February 11th, 2022

I missed Thank Thursday, although I was thankful on Thursday laugh . Things are very busy for us right now and I like pickles 🤣

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3475   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8715507

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:27 PM on Thursday, February 17th, 2022

Tanner...your posts crack me up...thanks for that laugh !! Happy Birthday BTW!! I saw that thread in the "Fun and Games Forum" grin !!

This Thankful Thursday...I am so THANKFUL that my H and I are together smile . I look back through our M and MAN...how we made it this far only God knows laugh !! I saw once on the Phil Donahue show where a man was asked what the secret was to his long marriage. He said that there were times when he wasn't in love with his wife...and times when his wife wasn't in love with him. He then said that thankfully it didn't happen at the same time laugh .

The audience laughed at that...and so did I. But I get it now smile . We have gone down some pretty destructive paths...both apart and together. None of those paths brought us PEACE. THIS path though...all I can say is WOW grin !

We are actually facing a very emotional and trying time with some of our loved ones. It's not going to end well for them on this Earth crying . But WE are facing it together...as ONE...and it is attributed to the WORK we have put in to become this way. There was an instruction book about this on our shelf the whole time...collecting dust. We never cared to actually READ it though...like we are now rolleyes .

I Thank God EVERY DAY for bringing my H into my life...not once but TWICE. YES...I didn't catch on the first time duh . Thank God He gives us more chances grin !! I Thank my H every day as well...for staying in my life smile . He also thanks me...every day...for letting him smile .

id 8716766

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 9:04 PM on Thursday, February 17th, 2022

I’m thankful for another year. Today I turned 55 and I feel great. I don’t have gray hair other than a patch in my beard on the chin. I’m in good shape and am at my goal weight. Our R is going great and we have a Grandbaby on the way.

W2BHA are you referring to the Chili thread in Off Topic? I have always had a great sense of humor. I’m thankful that SI has a place for some shenanigans. It’s truly a sign of healing.

id 8716867

ff4152 ( member #55404) posted at 10:06 PM on Thursday, February 17th, 2022

Well it’s be awhile but here goes.

I’m thankful that my wife and child survived Covid will no lasting symptoms. I’m thankful that I got to take care of the both of them.

My relationship with my wife continues to trend upward. It has evolved into something that’s quite hard to explain but I think we are both truly happy with one another. It’s been a real blessing.

Oh and on a Tanner note, I’ve discovered that I like mustard. After all these years of turning my nose up at it, I find it way more enjoyable than mayo.

Also I agree with Tanner, pickles rock!

Me -FWS

id 8716882

Underserving ( member #72259) posted at 10:50 PM on Thursday, February 17th, 2022

I don’t know if you’ll see this, but happy birthday Tanner!!

I am thankful for my new puppy. She is a gorgeous GSP, and a ball of energy. As strange as it may sound, she has given me a new sense of purpose. She is also the first dog my husband and I have gotten together (we each had one before we married and they both recently passed) and has given me some fresh hope for our R. I haven’t wanted to make many life changing decisions since d-day, always keeping D in the back of my mind, so this felt like a big step. I had to think very carefully about deciding to take on this particular breed. You can’t just leave her in a crate all day. So I really thought about it, and do see my husband and myself staying married long term. I realized that future actually looks pretty damn good.

Yes, I am very thankful. Thankful for my family, and thankful God knew how much we needed dogs in our lives.

BW (32)Found out 3 years post end of AD-day 12-9-19In R

Infidelity brings out the cuss in me. I’m not as foul mouthed in real life. ;)

id 8716897

hikingout ( member #59504) posted at 10:57 PM on Thursday, February 17th, 2022

Hi! I am thankful that I have just spent 6 months traveling with my husband and it’s brought us closer in so many ways. We have really learned to put it all out in the table. We hold nothing back which can be a lot when you spend most of the time together 24/7!

I am thankful we are getting ready to have our first grandchild! And we are in our way back to our home state and visit friends and family for the next month. We will know the gender on Saturday!!! I think we will have another girl in our family but it’s just a hunch!

I am thankful that I did the work, keep doing the work and all the positive ways it’s effected all of my relationships. I am 100 percent most thankful for the relationship I now have with myself!

I am thankful for SI and all the friends I made here and I am thankful for you want2behappy, you are a light that people need here.

7 years of hard work - WS and BS - Reconciled

posts: 7328   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2017   ·   location: Arizona
id 8716899

Grieving ( member #79540) posted at 12:20 AM on Friday, February 18th, 2022

Happy birthday, Tanner!

I am thankful for how well my classes went today. I had a surprise pop-in observation, which can be scary, because I teach a lot of kids who have significant cognitive and learning deficits and behavior and emotional issues, and so no matter how well you plan, literally anything can happen. It went like a charm, even though I’m teaching Shakespeare, which is a real stretch for these kids. They were all engaged and working hard and it was a dream!

Then, in another class period—my most challenging one by far, the kids just really got into the play! We have a side by side version of Romeo and Juliet that pairs the original text with a modern translation. I let them read the modern side for the most part, but for some reason this hilarious, out of control group of kids thought it would be so fun to do the class read in the original Shakespeare, belting out every line regardless of whether they could make heads or tails of it. I haven’t laughed that hard in so long. At the end they were like, "this is so fun!! The Shakespeare side is so much better!" Which is NEVER something I thought I’d hear coming out of the mouth of one of my 14-year-old male students who hates reading with a passion and struggles with school on every level. It was magical.

Husband had six month affair with co-worker. Found out 7/2020. Married 20 years at that point; two teenaged kids. Reconciling.

id 8716916

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 2:02 AM on Friday, February 18th, 2022

Also I agree with Tanner, pickles rock!

And so does mustard!!

I don’t know if you’ll see this, but happy birthday Tanner!!

Of course I’ll see it, thank you it’s always good to see you around here.

Happy birthday, Tanner!

Thank you Grieving.

id 8716931

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 4:00 PM on Friday, February 18th, 2022

DANG!!! I am so THANKFUL to get on here on a Friday and see so many THANKFUL posts on this thread from yesterday grin !!!

Tanner...I was talking about your birthday thread smile ...but your Chili thread was pretty funny laugh !!

ff4152...it is GREAT to see you posting on here again...thanks for that grin !! I LOVE your post...and I am thankful your lovely wife and child did well with their Covid infections smile .

Underserving...your post warmed my heart smile . I didn't know what a GSP dog was so I had to look it up. If it is a german shorthaired pointer you are talking about...OMG...they are soooo CUTE!!! I read the article that said 10 things you need to know as a GSP owner. The article was sweet...but the pictures were PRECIOUS!!! So THANK YOU for giving the abbreviation so I could go and see all those adorable pictures grin !!!

My condolences on your furbabies you recently lost crying . After I had to put down our last one...I couldn't bring myself to be able to get another dog. With us traveling like we do though...it really isn't feasible at this point. But I can happily ENJOY ALL of my grand furbabies grin !! Our children all have multiple pets...and they ALL love their MawMaw!!!

hikingout...I can certainly understand that feeling of traveling and being together all of the time smile . It really does put a whole new perspective on TOGETHERNESS grin !!!

Grandbabies are AMAZING...and it is so wonderful that y'all will soon be finding out the gender smile . One of our Grandsons had no shame in utero...and BARED it all on the 1st ultrasound laugh !! Another one was quite shy about it and we had to wait a bit for him to reveal himself laugh . No matter what though...they are ALL PERFECT grin !!!

Thank you for your sweet words smile ...and for all of YOUR help on here as well!! We ALL have our own experiences to bring to this site...and what a BLESSING it is to be able to see things from others' perspectives smile .

Grieving...I've heard from several teacher friends and family that these pop-up observations can be scary for sure...especially for those teaching the inclusion classes! I am happy to see it went well smile .

I was helping my 14 year old Grandson during virtual learning...and WE got to do the Romeo and Juliet play like that too! I was really impressed with the perspectives given...that I wasn't taught when we did it MANY decades ago during my sophomore year! Of course...being IN that teenager mindset and having my TRUE LOVE boyfriend at that time was a LOT different than looking at it with my MawMaw mindset and what's his face from so long ago feeling laugh . Maybe my teacher was trying to show us then what was shown now...but I wasn't buying it laugh !!! Teachers ROCK grin !!!

id 8717117

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:05 PM on Thursday, February 24th, 2022

When my H was getting dressed for work we were talking about it being Thursday. Then I remembered THIS thread and I asked my H what HE was thankful for today. Without skipping a beat he said, "I am thankful for YOU" grin !! I'LL TAKE IT grin !!!

We were in the Netherlands 8 years ago when a country annexed part of another country in Europe. I was limited in watching the few English speaking TV stations there. It was mostly news programs ... and this invasion was a BIG part of the news back then. Seeing news programs NOW in the United States ... talking about what happened THEN ... it is a trigger I wasn't expecting to come up. It brings me right back to the Netherlands ... where my H had his A starting 8 days after I left there.

But ... I'm all good smile . I don't even feel the need to FIGHT this trigger. I feel like I already OWN it ... which is weird because I haven't done anything to do that. It is kind of NICE to just let it go by smile . I never thought I would be able to handle a trigger this way. They were so ABRUPT ... coming out of nowhere...and would knock me down. I was DETERMINED that they would never KEEP me down though!!! I think this is one more indication to show I am healed grin . COOL!!!

I am so THANKFUL that we are in the United States right now. And I am praying for PEACE for this new situation happening in Europe.

ETA: I am also very THANKFUL for the post from howcouldthisbe in the "Positive Reconciliation Stories" thread grin !! EIGHTEEN years from the original Dday...what a POSITIVE post it is grin !!!

[This message edited by Want2BHappyAgain at 3:03 PM, Thursday, February 24th]

id 8718506

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:35 PM on Thursday, February 24th, 2022

I’m thankful for an Ice day today. All the schools and businesses are closed. We get to spend the day together, although too many of these would make me crazy 😜

I’m thankful for the Valentines cake I got for my Birthday. So before anyone runs off in horror, I said my birthday. Anyone that knows me knows I’m a cheapskate. I would not appreciate an expensive birthday cake, it’s a waste of money, make a box cake or something. My birthday is 3 days after Valentines Day and we don’t really do anything for V-Day. My W bought a cake for $3 that said Happy Valentines Day, she left the price tag on it 🤣. She gets me, it was very thoughtful of her.

[This message edited by Tanner at 5:36 PM, Thursday, February 24th]

id 8718544

emergent8 ( Guide #58189) posted at 5:55 PM on Thursday, February 24th, 2022

Today I'm thankful for the childcare workers at my eldest daughter's preschool. They are so thoughtful and considerate and they look out for her and love her like they were her family. She loves it there and is absolutely thriving. We don't have grandparents nearby and so our local community is so important to us.

I'm also thankful to be able to live where I do. It is cold an sunny today and I can see the snow on the mountains from my home office in the attic of our house and I am reminded that I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world. I have been fortunate enough to do a lot of travelling in my life and I have seen many places, and truly, I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else.

[This message edited by emergent8 at 5:56 PM, Thursday, February 24th]

Me: BS. Him: WS.
D-Day: Feb 2017 (8 m PA with married COW).
Happily reconciled.

id 8718547

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 9:20 PM on Thursday, March 3rd, 2022

I’m thankful for spring showing up in North Texas. It’s my favorite time of the year.

id 8719983

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:28 AM on Friday, March 4th, 2022

We were blessed that my H was working in the Hill Country of Texas once when the bluebonnets were blooming. Absolutely GORGEOUS Tanner!!

Today was a busy day...something in and of itself to be THANKFUL for smile . Tonight was an impromptu date night with my H...another THANKFUL thing grin !!! With all of the heartache going on right now from what we see in the news...there are also bright spots when you look for the helpers. I am so very THANKFUL for the helpers smile !!!

id 8721013

Want2BHappyAgain (original poster member #45088) posted at 2:19 PM on Thursday, March 10th, 2022

Ahhhhh...I LOVE the smell of "Thankful Thursday" in the morning grin !!! This morning I woke up earlier than the alarm clock laugh !!! I was still in that groggy state...and I felt my H's hand on my hip smile . It felt GOOD to have him so close!

I can remember a time when his touch in the bed HURT me crying . It felt like a searing hot rod against my skin...I often recoiled physically when that happened. My H wanted to touch me...to be that close...but to ME his touch was repulsive.

I am HAPPY to say it doesn't feel that way anymore smile . He never gave up...he fought every day...for ME...for US. I hated it at first...but I am so THANKFUL that he never wavered...and that we are able to touch each other with LOVE...NOW smile .

id 8722209

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 10:13 PM on Thursday, March 10th, 2022

Happy Friday Eve!!! I’m thankful for a day off tomorrow, even though, I will be just as busy.

I’m thankful for a 3rd anniversary since Dday and this one went well. No triggers or anger at all. Like you said W2BHA some triggers fade away to a point you almost forgot it was a trigger at one time.

I felt the same about my Wife’s touch too, it bothered me. Your post reminded me that I’m not having the mind movies or anxiety during sex like I did before, I don’t know when it stopped because I just realized it did.

Happy pre Friday!!!!

id 8722304

This0is0Fine ( member #72277) posted at 10:14 PM on Thursday, March 10th, 2022

I'm thankful for having a wonderful birthday dinner for/with my wife. I'm thankful we had the time and resources to go. We went to one of the fanciest restaurants in the world (that happens to be in the nearby big city). It was a real treat.

I had originally tried to set reservations (looking in September) for our anniversary (in December), but there wasn't anything available until her birthday (March).

Love is not a measure of capacity for pain you are willing to endure for your partner.

id 8722305
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy