Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
Let's talk grandparenting!

Topic is Sleeping.

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 7:21 PM on Friday, October 14th, 2022

Congratulations, Tanner! Great news.

Saw our GS last weekend ... almost 13, likes his teachers! Loves watching youtubes about history. It was great discussing Napoleon with him, however briefly. Still sweet to us, though not always to his dad.

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30061   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8759616

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 5:13 AM on Sunday, October 16th, 2022

Today we planned for all of us to have lunch at my daughter’s house. My W went over a few hours before to help them out and let them have a nap.

My daughter has had a terrible headache ever since the 3 failed epidural attempts. My W made her go to ER. She was leaking spinal fluid. They did a blood patch and she was better almost immediately. So she was released and we had a great time.

We got the sweetest picture of our 13 yo Son (severely autistic) holding him. He was so happy to be holding a baby, his first nephew.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3475   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8759816

number4 (original poster member #62204) posted at 10:27 PM on Monday, October 17th, 2022

Ugh... our little guy has RSV. 🙁 On day 3; they say 3-5 is the worse.

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1334   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   ·   location: New England
id 8760023

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 9:19 PM on Friday, October 21st, 2022

Ugh... our little guy has RSV. 🙁 On day 3; they say 3-5 is the worse.

My Granddaughter has it she’s 8, so she is staying with us for a few days so the baby doesn’t get it.

[This message edited by Tanner at 9:21 PM, Friday, October 21st]

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3475   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8761595

number4 (original poster member #62204) posted at 11:12 PM on Friday, October 21st, 2022

The news is saying that it's spreading widely. Kids are spending nights in ERs and waiting rooms because there's no room on the peds floor or PICUs.

And now, our D has it! GS has turned the corner, but they did make an ER visit Tuesday morning. He had a few really rough days. 🙁

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

id 8761613

Lionne ( member #25560) posted at 1:18 AM on Saturday, November 19th, 2022

We got the sweetest picture of our 13 yo Son (severely autistic) holding him. He was so happy to be holding a baby, his first nephew.

Wow! Just a beautiful picture in my mind!

RSV. Quite scary. Our little girl is still quite isolated. She's around other kids, briefly, only one day a week when I take her to a library program. She still hasn't ever been in a store. Her cousin, youngest of 4, the others go to school, had it. A few rough days, but he's on the mend. GD got her first COVID shot yesterday and a sniffy nose today. Probably a coincidence.

I have to share a wonderful story, I'm still tearing up when I think about it.

We babysat yesterday. Grandpa put her down for her nap. I went to a doctor's appointment. When I came back she was sitting with Grandpa reading a book. She didn't fuss over me, just greeted me with her favorite word, "Hi!" She has a small speaking vocabulary, "dat" for cat, that and a few other words, "up" for up and down, she's not picky, she signs "more" and "help", says momma, dada and deda for grandpa. A few others. Anyway, I sat down on the floor near her toys and she came over and started to play. She stopped, looked into my face, said "hug!" hugged me and rocked me back and forth before going back to her toys. My heart!!

This grammy thing is just wonderful...

Me-BS-65 in May<BR />HIM-SAFWH-68<BR />I just wanted a normal life.<BR />Normal trauma would have been appreciated.

posts: 8528   ·   registered: Sep. 18th, 2009   ·   location: In my head
id 8765888

number4 (original poster member #62204) posted at 8:23 PM on Tuesday, December 27th, 2022

Although we saw grandson earlier this month, it was on their turf. Tonight they arrive on our turf for a week for a delayed Christmas celebration. I hope he does well on that six-hour plane ride!

Last night they had to take him to urgent care. Evidently (they didn't know this), when you've had RSV, it makes you more susceptible to bronchiolitis and wheezing when you get just a regular cold (which he had last week), which he had last week. So they gave him an albuterol treatment, then sent them home with an inhaler for him. The nurse practitioner told them it was OK for him to fly, which I'm assuming she meant his breathing and no evidence of fluid build up in his ears.

Cyber Monday we bought a bunch of stuff... car seat, high chair, and a portable play n pack. We picked up diapers and other items at Target yesterday, and his favorite play gym from IKEA last night. We figured if we are going to be living down the street from them in a year, it would benefit us to own this stuff anyway, instead of trying to borrow it. And hopefully there will be baby #2 in the next couple of years, so the equipment will come in good use.

Anyone else's kids set up 529s for your grandchildren? I think it's an excellent idea. We're going to start contributing this year.

id 8771121

annb ( member #22386) posted at 1:59 PM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Hi, number, glad you will be spending time your family!

Our granddaughter lives in Florida, we recently purchased a home about two hours from them, we plan to be snowbirds which will allow to visit her much more often.

We purchased a 529 for her first birthday, invested $10k, the market has tanked a bit, but eventually it will rebound. We plan to contribute every birthday/Christmas as she doesn't need more toys and we purchase clothing for her throughout the year.

My oldest son is 35 (granddaughter's father), had RSV several times as an infant and was on a nebulizer for years especially during the winter months. Same thing for my third son, it's scary when they start wheezing. sad

posts: 12181   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8771210

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 2:36 PM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Sorry to hear about the RSV.
When my kids were 2.5, and 6 mos they both had it. I have never ever been so incredibly tired in my life. The day I decided I was taking them to the ER if they didn't start drinking, and one last try was popsicles for both and it worked. From there it got better.

But man that is a wicked virus the first time they get it.

Hope the baby is feeling better soon.

I get my little man this weekend, and through the holiday. He is such a joy, he is rolling everywhere, starting on some foods, and happy little man.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8771216

Lionne ( member #25560) posted at 5:02 AM on Saturday, December 31st, 2022

Our 529 plan is growing much slower than our granddaughter, lol.

She's just over a year. She's talking up a storm, showing her personality and occasional temper, and signing a lot. It really does help that she can communicate that way, IF Grammy knows what she's signing. Turns out that she's been asking for music (from Alexa or a music box, etc) when she waves her arm back and forth. She thinks that any requests accompanied by the sign for "please" means she'll instantly get what she wants. So confusing!

And DS2 and wife are having a boy in July!! Such a blessing!

Love hearing all your stories!

Me-BS-65 in May<BR />HIM-SAFWH-68<BR />I just wanted a normal life.<BR />Normal trauma would have been appreciated.

posts: 8528   ·   registered: Sep. 18th, 2009   ·   location: In my head
id 8771570

number4 (original poster member #62204) posted at 5:50 AM on Sunday, January 1st, 2023

Lionne, I hope everything goes smoothly with your DIL’s pregnancy this time around! I’m sure she very guarded.

id 8771691
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy