Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Newryan

Just Found Out :
Dazed and Confused

This Topic is Archived

Craztcat829 ( member #57788) posted at 12:26 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

I have been reading through this thread and you have been doing all things well. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I saw that you were going to confront. Just wondering how you are. Hope and pray you are ok. So very hard. Sending prayers to you

Me 61 fWH 64DD 3/27/13Married 36+ yearsR and stronger and wiser

posts: 398   ·   registered: Mar. 10th, 2017   ·   location: PA
id 8027054

GoldenR ( member #54778) posted at 1:28 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Sending prayers your way, brother. Ig you did confront yesterday, you're going thru the worst time of your life right now. Just remember, IT WILL GET BETTER. Whether they D or R, it will get better.

[This message edited by GoldenR at 7:28 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

posts: 2855   ·   registered: Aug. 22nd, 2016   ·   location: South Texas
id 8027086

Wool94 ( member #53300) posted at 1:50 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

How did it go?

D-Day #1: April 7, 2016
D-Day #2: May 21, 2016
D-Day #3: June 7, 2016
Me: 1975
Her:WW (amn8r) 1981
Son 2006
Daughter 2009
"God not only loves you, but He actually likes you. "-Stephen Hooks

"My faith is mine now."

posts: 3816   ·   registered: May. 19th, 2016   ·   location: Roll Tide Country 🇺🇸
id 8027097

Marriagesucks ( member #46828) posted at 2:21 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

I imagine that AO has had the longest night of his life...the night may not even be over yet. Probably still choking down the sh*t sandwich.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

id 8027113

MidnightRun ( member #59434) posted at 3:47 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Wishing you strength.

posts: 1562   ·   registered: Jun. 30th, 2017   ·   location: CT
id 8027154

AmbivalentOne (original poster member #61076) posted at 3:59 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Told her we needed to talk. Sat down at the kitchen table and showed her the kiss photo. Said “I know about Michael, but I want to hear everything from you. The unabridged truth.”

She initially seemed startled by the picture. But then sort of slumped into her seat and said that she was so very sorry. A few moments later she went to our bedroom and came back with an envelope. She said it was the writing she did while in therapy and that she might need it to jog her memory.

So they met in Jan 1999 at our church’s Mother’s Morning Out. OM’s daughter was the same age as DD2 and they were in the same class. OM was a SAHD. She said they immediately hit it off, and over the next 6 months became very close. They talked about family life, complained about their spouses, and shared stories about their kids. Over the summer, they had sex for the first time. They would drop the kids off three days a week and then use the 3 hours of free time to have sex. In their cars, at our houses, even in the Church basement. That winter, her girlfriends of the time (who were in on and encouraged the affair) conspired to plan a “Girl’s Weekend” in NYC to cover a romantic vacation for her and OM. That is when the first 2 photos were taken. They did a few more of these out of town trips, always billed as a “Girl’s Weekend.”

Once DD2 was in pre-K and Kindergarten, they were having sex every day. They now had the time to try out all sorts of “fun” new positions and kinks. Pretty much everything under the sun. To her credit, she didn’t pull any punches describing their escapades. BDSM, costumes/roleplay, anal, etc.

She kept saying she knew it was hurting me to hear it. Apparently I looked like I was in physical pain. She kept offering to stop. I couldn’t seem to talk during all this but I just kept motioning for her to continue.

Eventually, they decided they were in love. They demonized their spouses to one another, made us both out to be the bad guys. She said it got to the point that they were fantasizing about running away together.

In Feb 2008, OM, OBS and his daughter were killed in a motor vehicle accident. Slid off an icy road and down an embankment into a river. Affair over.

She was devastated. As an aside, I do remember her decompensation during this time. She had told me one of her friends from college had died and that she wasn’t handling it well. She started therapy shortly thereafter.

Apparently, it took her a year in therapy to get over her affair. Then she began to realize what she had done to her family during those 9 years and she said she hated herself. She ditched her old toxic friend group. She went to therapy weekly for another 2.5 years. Her counselor apparently forced her to do exercises imagining how she would feel if she found out I had done all of the things she had. Made her visualize me physically doing those things. Made her write down everything that happened through the affair (that is what was in the envelope). I guess that her counselor suggested that instead of telling me though, that she work on our marriage and become the wife and mother she should have been during the years she stole from us. “Bear the burden herself,” are the words she used.

She ended by saying she knows she can never make this up to me. But she has now devoted her life to our family and me. We just sat and stared at each other for quite some time after that.

When I finally found my voice, I asked her why? She said because she was selfish. Wanted the attention and the thrill. The illicit nature of it made it much more exciting than our day to day life and allowed her to live in a fantasy. She had always felt pressure from her family to be perfect, walk the straight and narrow. No rebellion was tolerated by her parents. Somehow, this was her opportunity to break free of those restraints.

That’s when I pulled out some of the pictures and emails that I printed. I asked her how she could write these things about me? Up until then, she had held it together pretty well. A few tears, but no crying. When she read the emails, she fell apart. Uncontrollable sobbing. When you read about people wailing...that was what she was doing. I just kind of sat there. Stunned silence, I guess?

I eventually took her into our family room and laid her on the couch. She was effectively noncommunicative for over an hour. When she managed to pull it together, she said it was physically painful for her to imagine me reading those words. Knowing she was responsible for causing that pain made her want to scream. She now understood why I seemed so ill for the past week. Then she smiled a little and said “At least you don’t have cancer.” Apparently that was what she was worried about all week.

She gave me the envelope with all of her therapy writing to read whenever I wanted to. And she asked if I wanted her to leave. I told her that I needed some separation to process this. She seemed sad but agreed to pack up and go visit her sister (who knows about the affair). Sister agreed that she could stay as long as necessary (sister is a widow with kids out of the house). I helped her pack the car and off she went.

Sitting in our house alone is strangely peaceful. Thanks for listening. Gonna take a little break from all of this and watch some football. Seems gloriously mindless.

posts: 55   ·   registered: Oct. 16th, 2017   ·   location: Eastern US
id 8027159

Bigger ( Attaché #8354) posted at 4:08 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Ambi

I am extremely short on time right now but I will get back to you.

You will get a ton of posters telling you she’s not worth it, that there is more, that this is the worst and all that.

I just want to assure you the worst is over. From now YOU can control if the future is one of progress or stagnation.

We can guide you on to recovery – with or without your wife.

I see A LOT of positives.

"If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone." Epictetus

id 8027163

Western ( member #46653) posted at 4:11 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

OmfuckingGod Horrible. I wish I was there to take u out to lunch asnd watch the games. I would take the afternoon off and really focus on the games and read. Take pictures of her down for now. Eat, sleep and tomorrow, find an attorney to prepare for any situation. 180 her for now. Work on yourself. God bless u man. You deserve so much better

posts: 3608   ·   registered: Feb. 4th, 2015   ·   location: U.S.
id 8027164

Georgyboy ( new member #46803) posted at 4:24 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

[This message edited by Georgyboy at 10:36 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

posts: 27   ·   registered: Feb. 15th, 2015   ·   location: UK
id 8027166

Mrhealed ( member #46868) posted at 4:24 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

I am very sorry.

You Will experience an emocional rollercoster going from angerto sadness to lounlyness etc . This is normal and Will pasa. Do not make any detition until you get stable again.

Me thing you need to know is that It is not your fault.

A lot of questions Will Come, It is good idea to write them down and keed asking and posting un SI, you will learn alot and It mayor be very catartic.

IMO you need to start with a plan of how to manage your kids. You dont need to Tello them, at least at this momento. So better think about something to justify your Ww being with her sister.

R or D you just took the first step of a very long journey, you dont have to do It alone, here you Will find great suppor. Aldo is a good idea to get you self in IC.

Good luck

"Infidelity is not a victimless offense. If she cheats on me, then I am a victim. If she intentionally cheats on me then I am an intended victim." by DoneGone

posts: 960   ·   registered: Feb. 19th, 2015   ·   location: Madrid
id 8027167

jbrent890 ( member #49722) posted at 4:26 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Just like you will get a bunch of people telling you that because it happened so long ago and that because she appears to be remorseful now, you might want to give reconciliation a chance. Like you, I also found out years later about my XW's infidelity. There truly is a certain pain there that is hard for most people to grasp. To me, close to 20 years of deception is a lot to process and get over, especially what happened during her affair. I ain't going to tell you to R or D, but I do agree with Western, you deserve a hell of a lot better.

id 8027168

Georgyboy ( new member #46803) posted at 4:27 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Ambi

My deepest sympathy to you.

I cannot even guess how you can recover from this.

My message is just to say you are in my thoughts.

posts: 27   ·   registered: Feb. 15th, 2015   ·   location: UK
id 8027169

MidnightRun ( member #59434) posted at 4:36 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

AO,

We all share your pain. Heart-wrenching.

I predicted the wailing and flood of tears.

Sex in the church: I'm a firm believer in karma, but the loss of an entire family leaves me saddened beyond measure.

[This message edited by MidnightRun at 11:00 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

posts: 1562   ·   registered: Jun. 30th, 2017   ·   location: CT
id 8027174

Stevesn ( member #58312) posted at 4:37 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

What you wrote made me shake and cry.

I wish you both strength as you work through this.

At the very least her reaction was one of providing the truth.

If only she had brought it to you sometime in the last decade.

I’m sure she regrets not doing that now.

[This message edited by Stevesn at 10:39 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

fBBF. Just before proposing, broke it off after her 2nd confirmed PA in 2 yrs. 9 mo later I met the wonderful woman I have spent the next 30 years with.

id 8027175

notanotherchance ( member #46677) posted at 4:40 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Sending strength my man.

My take on it is that if the OM would not have been killed in the accident then the affair would have continued indefinitely or she would have left you to be with the OM and the only reason she started with a IC was to deal with the OM death after which her M situation came in to focus and she realized that with the OM gone & if she told you the truth she would be on her own so you were a solid second choice. She has nothing to lose now so is telling you everything, crying & wailing now that the shits hit the fan.

Don’t stay in any R unless your first choice.

posts: 591   ·   registered: Feb. 5th, 2015   ·   location: Overseas
id 8027178

notanotherchance ( member #46677) posted at 4:40 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Sorry double post

[This message edited by notanotherchance at 10:46 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

posts: 591   ·   registered: Feb. 5th, 2015   ·   location: Overseas
id 8027179

DarkHoleHeart ( member #58272) posted at 4:42 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Frankly, I don't even know how to react to such situation.

On the one hand, nature of your WW's betrayal is horrible - what she said to OM about you, what she did with OM.

On the other hand, it looks like CincyKid was spot on. Your WW has done the work on herself (at least to some extent). Even though she's kept it in secret all these years, it looks like she's quite good R material. Still, it depends how she handles it now - all these years she hasn't felt any real consequences. Now she will.

Strange to say that, but confrontation went as well as possible. You were spared being slowly killed by TT, A is definitely over, you don't need to confirm her every word, etc.

Now, take care of yourself.

@DDay#1:
Me: BS, 40; Her: WW, 32
M: 10y, in relationship 15y, 3DD (8,8,6)
Dday#1: Oct, 2016, Dday#2: Jun, 2017
AP#1: COW PA, AP#2: EA/PA 3 months, AP#3: COW PA
Currently (2024): Plain of the Lethal Flatness

posts: 1154   ·   registered: Apr. 14th, 2017   ·   location: Europe
id 8027181

sewardak ( member #50617) posted at 4:45 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

I'm so sorry. Why oh why do IC say not to tell?

posts: 4125   ·   registered: Dec. 1st, 2015   ·   location: it's cold here
id 8027185

goingsolo1 ( new member #57716) posted at 4:57 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

@AmbivalentOne

I know right now you have a lot to process. Before you come to a decision there are several points you might want to consider and ask yourself:

How was your wife's behavior towards you and the kids during the affair? Did you observe a change?

What would have happened if the OM was still alive? Where would you and your children be right now?

Did you wife ever think about the impact her affair would have on the children?

Are you the number one priority in her life? She would tell you are but do her actions show the same result?

What do you have to lose/gain with Divorce and what do you have to lose/gain with R?

She betrayed you for 20 years like other posters here have mentioned not 10 years, she made sure to hide the truth for another 10 years, she joined therapy to grieve for her OM not because she had an epiphany that she was putting her family at risk

You have your entire life ahead of you,you don't have to worry about the fall out affecting little children.

Now think of it this way, would you be willing to turn your back once again towards the person who stabbed you in the back in the first place?

You still have an entire life to live and be D or R the decisions you take should be in the best interest of yourself, don't even think about how things will affect your wife because she does not deserve that consideration anymore.

From now on your feelings and well being should be priority number one

You are in my prayers. I wish you all the best

id 8027195

Stevesn ( member #58312) posted at 4:59 PM on Saturday, November 18th, 2017

Sounds like the IC actually did the right work with her up until he/she advised her not to disclose.

Today is the start of what is an unlimited amount of time for you to decide what you want and need for the rest of your life.

Do you have anyone in your life that you are willing to confide in? If not, it may be good for you to research and find an IC for you to start working with.

Take care of yourself.

[This message edited by Stevesn at 11:00 AM, November 18th (Saturday)]

fBBF. Just before proposing, broke it off after her 2nd confirmed PA in 2 yrs. 9 mo later I met the wonderful woman I have spent the next 30 years with.

id 8027198
This Topic is Archived
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy