Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: BShopQuartet

New Beginnings :
Red flag trigger in my new relationship

Topic is Sleeping.

Westway ( member #71747) posted at 6:41 PM on Monday, March 30th, 2020

Shes said she's committed whole heartedly to us, and that between me and him it is no competition.

Tell her words are cheap, and so far she hasn't walked her talk.

Me: 52;

XWW: 50 y.o. serial cheater

Married 22 years, Together 24
2 Daughters: aged 16 and 20
DDay: 9/20/19
Divorced 12/03/20.

posts: 1366   ·   registered: Oct. 3rd, 2019   ·   location: USA
id 8527637

ZenMumWalking ( Guide #25341) posted at 11:49 PM on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020

NEXT!!!

Me (BS), Him (WH): late-50's
3 DS: 26, 25, 22
M: 30+ (19 1/2 at Dday)
Dday: Dec 2008
Wanted R, not gonna happen (in permanent S)
Used to be DeadMumWalking, doing better now

posts: 8533   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2009   ·   location: EU
id 8528576

BobPar ( member #62993) posted at 5:27 PM on Sunday, April 5th, 2020

I think we tend to pick the same type of person again unless there has been some significant IC work.

The fiancé seems to have boundary issues and potentially likes ego kibbles.

I would postpone the marriage for a bit while you figure it out.

DDay 1 (AP1) and 2 (AP2) 2015 DDay 3 (AP 3) and 4 (AP4) 2016There was some overlap with 3 and 4)False R 2016Suspect more from exWW

posts: 542   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2016   ·   location: MI
id 8529322

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 6:02 PM on Sunday, April 5th, 2020

I am just a “lurker” in this forum, so I will keep my reactions to your situation to myself.

But I did just want to say that I am so very sorry that someone’s actions can not only have such a profound effect on us at the time in that relationship, but in future relationships as well.

Truly the gift that keeps on giving. 😢😢😢

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8228   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8529332

Hope2B ( member #40474) posted at 10:16 AM on Monday, April 6th, 2020

Quick & Dirty:

I wouldn't trust her at all.

She's shown you who she is.

DDay: Feb. 25, 2013Trickle Truth/DDays: Sept 10, 11, 13, 15 (2013)

posts: 807   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2013   ·   location: U.S.A. (The Middle)
id 8529516

Hope2B ( member #40474) posted at 10:17 AM on Monday, April 6th, 2020

(duplicate, sorry, glitchy tablet)

[This message edited by Hope2B at 4:18 AM, April 6th (Monday)]

DDay: Feb. 25, 2013Trickle Truth/DDays: Sept 10, 11, 13, 15 (2013)

posts: 807   ·   registered: Aug. 28th, 2013   ·   location: U.S.A. (The Middle)
id 8529517

Buster123 ( member #65551) posted at 11:06 AM on Monday, April 6th, 2020

It's one of the reasons why I set such a long engagement time before our marriage date. So I could truly observe her. And make sure this is the one I truly want to spend my life with.

If I was you I would delay the wedding for at least another year, just to make sure no other red flags come up again, it would also make her see how serious this was and that you will NOT hesitate to call it off if need be should anything even remotely close to that was to happen again.

Also her answer about "no competition between you and her ex" worries me, I'm sure you didn't know there was a competition going on and that you were "winning", what if any stronger competitors come up in the future ? I would ask her about this, be careful and start paying more attention from now on, she just killed the "innocence" of the relationship by lying by omission.

id 8529519

Nycountrystrong (original poster member #53531) posted at 3:59 PM on Monday, April 6th, 2020

I still have almost a year and a half between now and our set wedding date. Honestly I believe she truly regrets not letting me know he reached out again at this point. Whether she regrets the fact I found out something she thought I never would, or if she regrets the interaction at all is the point of this that remains to be seen.

She has apologized to me, repeatedly, and not just when I brought the topic of her not telling me up to her. She says she's sorry for the doubts she caused in our relationship now. That she understands it cant be undone, and all she can try and do is show me everyday that she truly cares for me.

She seems to truly get that she fucked up. I'd like to think I'm at least a lot wiser from what I've been through in my life up to this point. At this point I have two choices, cut and run and tear apart what I've spent almost two years building, or to carefully move forward keeping my eyes, ears and senses wide open . For now I'm choosing option 2. What I have learned from my past is as others have stated you never fully know what someone else is capable of. All we can do is control our reaction to it.

I can say this is the one time the benefit of the doubt will be allowed in my life with her. I have spelled out in no uncertain terms that I can not, and will not be in a relationship where I live in doubt of my partners true intentions, and commitment to us... and only us. If it hadn't been for my past maybe this wouldn't seem like such a big deal to me, but it is, and will continue to be. Maybe someone who never had lived through being betrayed in their life on every level would see the situation, and actions, differently. But I know what I can take, and tolerate, and will keep that first and foremost moving forward.

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs !

posts: 679   ·   registered: Jun. 6th, 2016   ·   location: Ny
id 8529593

Evertrying ( member #60644) posted at 11:19 PM on Monday, April 6th, 2020

First of all, fuck this guy. What a complete asshole. Who does that??

My thoughts exactly. What a dick.

Once she told him to buzz off he should have respected her wishes and left her alone.

When I first married my husband, an ex of mine from YEARS past contacted me as we parted as friends.

Bottom line, it bothered my new husband and out of respect for him I told my ex that while I will always remember him as a good person, he and I could no longer have any contact. He said he understood and he NEVER contacted me again.

It's called respect and your girl's Ex is a number one douchebag.

BS - 55 on dday
WH - 48 on dday
Dday: 9/1/17

id 8529810
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy