Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: BShopQuartet

General :
A message of hope - you can (and will) feel better

ThisIsSoLonely (original poster guide #64418) posted at 5:21 PM on Thursday, October 10th, 2024

It happened again - I forgot my double d-day.

D-day 1 - when I confronted and got confirmation from WH about the A was 10/1/17...D-day 2, when I discovered, confronted, and got confirmation that the A had never stopped and was firmly underground while WH was pretending to try to R, was 10/1/18 - 1 year later to the day.

I recall posting on here about it and some well meaning person commiserating with me said that I should prepare myself for the trauma October 1 will likely bring every year, that it will likely be burned in my head for a long time, and to try to give myself some space for that to happen. Well my friends, apparently burned in my head it is not (and I think I forgot it last year too). If you would have told me back when the A was ongoing and in the aftermath that I would completely disassociate October 1 with two of the most horrible days of my life I would have never believed you. Never. But, I was wrong!!

So please take some comfort in this little victory of mine - especially if you are in the early days...things can get better, even if you have false-r like I did...even if you divorce like I did...even if you move far away to a place you know no one, like I did...even if you end up casually dating your WS after you divorce, like I did. Even if......

You can make it. This too shall pass. If I am any evidence of this, you too are stronger than you think.

[This message edited by ThisIsSoLonely at 10:42 PM, Thursday, October 10th]

You are the only person you are guaranteed to spend the rest of your life with. Act accordingly.

Constantly editing posts: usually due to sticky keys on my laptop or additional thoughts

id 8850714

Lostwings ( member #79902) posted at 6:02 PM on Friday, October 11th, 2024

This is encouraging .
Thank you for posting positive thought after such painful experience .
I am a romantic , hoping that you are still dating your exWH.

I am 3 years on after Dday and I still get painful mind movies daily . Reading your thread gives me hope !!

I thought it was love at the end of the rainbow , but a banshee came and almost destroyed my pot of gold . In R.

posts: 123   ·   registered: Feb. 7th, 2022   ·   location: United States
id 8850901

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 8:33 PM on Friday, October 11th, 2024

Tisl I'm so happy for you! You and I were on similar timelines (my dday 1 was nov 2018) and I remember your struggles in those early days. It's so good to see you doing so much better these days smile

For any newbies reading, do take heart. I promise it will get better, even if that feels absolutely impossible in those early days.

[This message edited by EllieKMAS at 8:33 PM, Friday, October 11th]

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3911   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8850934

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 7:29 PM on Saturday, October 12th, 2024

Thank you for sharing

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3568   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8851002

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 8:26 PM on Saturday, October 12th, 2024

Wishing you much peace and happiness

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1741   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8851003

fareast ( Moderator #61555) posted at 1:57 AM on Monday, October 14th, 2024

Thanks for sharing this TISL! It’s a valuable message to remember! I remember your early days and the horrid situation your Ex-WH’s infidelity put you in with your M and your career! You were blindsided and left with awful choices. You preserved by dint of your character and excellent (IMHO)attitude no matter the devastating revelations and false R. Here’s to not remembering for years to come!

Never bother with things in your rearview mirror. Your best days are on the road in front of you.

id 8851087

Groot1988 ( member #84337) posted at 3:03 AM on Thursday, October 17th, 2024

Thank you for giving us hope and coming back to share your journey! I’m sure coming back isn’t always easy But hearing your story really gives me hope. Wishing you much happiness!

Married 5 years (together 11) Four children Me Bs 36Him WH 35- 4 month PA Dday Oct 6- lots of TT final disclosure Jan 16.

"If we walk through hell we might as well hold hands, we should make this a home"- citizen soldier

posts: 450   ·   registered: Jan. 6th, 2024   ·   location: Darker side of gray
id 8851300
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy