Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
Intermittent fasting?

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:29 AM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

I didn't want to take away from the other thread so I'm doing a new one.

Saw a video of a dietician suggesting a 36/12 fast routine. Fast for 36 hours, eat for 12.

Is this realistic?

I've been dropping pounds like crazy. My bras don't fit and my pants fall down lol

I pretty much just eat dinner. Usually something small. Today was a salad with chicken pieces tossed in.

If 36/12 isn't doable what is? I seem to be on a roll but I want to keep this up and not just have it be a stress diet.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25801   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8800478

SackOfSorry ( member #83195) posted at 2:31 AM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

My only experience with fasting is from the devastation of dday, and simply not being able to eat for quite a while. I dropped 60 lbs in the few months after dday. On the one hand, yay, I needed to. OTOH, it wasn't healthy and it wasn't sustainable and it didn't last.

I'm sorry to say that I simply don't think there are any easy answers to dieting and weight loss. It is eating right, making the right choices, and exercise just like we've been told over and over. I do not believe in things like keto or fasting or egg diets, etc. In normal times, I think it would be very hard to go 36 hours without eating, you'd just get hangry and start making bad choices. Again, my opinion. Whereas if you ate something sensible and small, and kept that up, you wouldn't get into situations where you really go off the rails.

Me - BW
DDay - May 4, 2013

And nothing's quite as sure as change. (The Mamas and the Papas)

id 8800483

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 2:47 AM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

Thank you.

I was thinking 36 hours is a bit long. I have been sick and not eaten but I don't recall if it was that long. Also this time with everything happening I just haven't had an appetite. I'm usually very nauseous in the mornings. I don't usually even finish my coffee. I have switched back to drinking it black. Not sure if that's what's making me sick to my stomach. I feel that way before I even make my coffee.

I'm liking the weight loss. I downloaded a wall plates routine and want to start walking. Just need more bug spray because OMG mosquitoe swarms are awful lol

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8800486

nomudnolotus ( member #59431) posted at 5:04 AM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

There are different times that you can do intermittent fasting, you just have to find the one that works for you. I have done 8 hour window where I could eat and 16 hours fasting everyday which seemed to work the best for me. I couldn't do the longer fasts as I'm a diabetic.

Even with fasting it's really about the food that you eat, salad with chicken is great :) Cutting out the extra carbs works really well, and wall pilates is excellent for building strength, flexibility and balance.

It sucks that you've had to be on the infidelity diet but wanting to keep going for your health is awesome, keep up the great work!

id 8800499

annb ( member #22386) posted at 11:20 AM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

I've also done the 8 hour window.

Breakfast/lunch/dinner between 9 and 5.

Sometimes I'd extend it to 8 and 5 because I'm a very early riser and get hungry and feel like I'm going to pass out. Just a banana for breakfast satisfies me until lunch. I did lose some weight doing this.

Currently I have to lose about 15 lbs, my biggest issue is I snack at night...a lot. It's a very bad habit I'm trying to break. If I could stop the snacks, the weight would probably come off slowly.

I don't think fasting for 36 hours is very healthy. Your body/brain need fuel to function.

Drgn, try to eat more than one meal a day! Even a protein shake for breakfast, anything to give your body energy to keep up with your children.

posts: 12181   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8800509

hcsv ( member #51813) posted at 1:26 PM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

I've recently started eating noon to 6pm. so lunch and dinner, maybe an afternoon handful of nuts. Small meals, protein and produce. I'm not sure Ive lost any weight yet, but I do feel better. I'm 64, with weight around my middle so losing weight is going to be very difficult, but I can do the noon to six pm schedule, so we'll see.

During the early trauma, I lost weight so rapidly, my dr was monitoring me. Finally leveled at 110lbs.

Just make sure what you are eating is healthy, your body needs it.

After 40 years, ex turned into someone I didnt know and couldnt trust anymore. Divorced. 1/17

id 8800516

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:47 PM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

I can't do breakfast. Never have really. If I can manage a coffee that's great but usually it lasts me all morning.

I'm an early afternoon dinner eater. I was always snacking late which is what put the weight on. Now I just dont feel hungry or I am wandering the kitchen because I'm bored but there's nothing that sparks my interest.

I am eating better. Always have green beans, carrots, cucumbers and Romaine Lettuce in the house (when we have food). The kids really love eating Lettuce. Not sure why lol

I have protein shake powder my brother gave me so I can have that in the morning.

id 8800517

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 5:28 PM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2023

Intermittent fasting can mess up your metabolism. You are better off eating small frequent meals that are high in protein. Protein within 30 minutes of getting up kick starts your metabolism and prevents your body from thinking you are starving.
So add a scoop of protein powder to your coffee get a cheap frother to mix it well, protein powder glumps up when put in hot liquids.

Focus on protein first then the other stuff.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8800544

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 9:13 PM on Sunday, July 23rd, 2023

I can't stomach anything in the morning. If I get up at 6 I won't be able to eat without feeling like I'm going to vomit before 2 or 3pm.

And that's early to eat. Usually it's dinner.

I tried to eat this morning. Some chicken and man did that make me feel awful.

It's probably the stress.

id 8800644

SkipThumelue ( member #82934) posted at 1:25 PM on Monday, July 24th, 2023

I highly recommend talking with your PCP first, but mine recommended trying IF. There's a lady named Gin Stephens who has written two great books on the subject and she is a testimony as to how well it can work. She also has a huge, very active FB group.

I'll be finishing my second week of IF on Wednesday and the one thing that has improved immediately is how much better I'm sleeping because I'm not eating right before bed and I'm not a gigantic gas bag in the evening.

But again, you really need to speak to your doctor first to see if it's right for you.

WH

DD: 5/2019

Reconciling and extremely grateful.

I do not accept PMs.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself." - St. Augustine

id 8800691

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:08 PM on Monday, July 24th, 2023

I have an issue discussing anything with my doctor anymore and will be removing us from his practice and put on a wait list for a new doctor.

He cared more about stxwh privacy than he did MY health. Frankly I feel that if you know someone is hurting another person you have an obligation to report that and he did not!

So, for now I'll just do my best with keeping my protein intake good and keep drinking plenty of water.

id 8800724

Darkness Falls ( member #27879) posted at 6:10 PM on Monday, July 24th, 2023

Weight loss is calories in < calories out. Some people may feel better eating meals at different times or of different sizes but the laws of thermodynamics dictate that it comes down to calorie deficit regardless of what time of day one eats.

Married -> I cheated -> We divorced -> We remarried -> Had two kids -> Now we’re miserable again

Staying together for the kids

D-day 2010

posts: 6490   ·   registered: Mar. 8th, 2010   ·   location: USA
id 8800734

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 6:17 PM on Monday, July 24th, 2023

Well I already ate some today so I expect I won't bother eating again because I don't feel like it. I had carrots sticks with hummus and then some spicy Crackers. I feel bloated now.

I'm more thirsty than anything but I got up and cut some of the grass because of coming storms and hadn't even had a coffee yet. Speaking of coffee I have half finished it. I think I'll start pouring a 1/4 cup and refill if I want more.

id 8800735
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy