Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
Muscle problems

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 5:00 PM on Monday, May 22nd, 2023

Hi everyone.

I have a question. Has anyone lost muscle control all of a sudden?

Earlier this year fell off a ladder while fixing the horse shelter roof. Jammed my left leg really badly. Was bruised all around the backside and inside of my leg. I went to the ER after realizing I had no feeling in my thigh and I couldnt raise my leg up (couldnt put on a sock without reaching down) but I could still walk. Doc said i did nerve damage and that it could take months to come back. I had to be very careful because I would bang my leg and bruise and not know it. Now months later I have most of the feeling back and can raise it higher but still nothing like before.

An I jury like this I understand but now I'm having issues with my hands and arms. Went to pick up my soda last night off the table and my hand cramped to the point I couldn't open it. And just now I got the same sort of thing happen in my left hand/arm. I cannot bring a cup up to my mouth without my arm violently shaking. WTF! I was whipper snipping the side of the house then came in for a drink and boom.

I am wondering now if it's from wh grabbing my wrist yesterday. We took the kids fishing then went for a walk along the causeway. He was on the water side of the guard rail and slipped grabbing my wrist to catch himself. When he still slipped he let go to "save me from being pulled in with him" rolleyes but in the process slammed my wrist into the guard rail. It's a bit swollen but not bruised.

Anyways this not being able to move like I used to is freaking me out. I tried to use my vape just now and my arm/hand just shakes. I can't even hold my phone, I'm resting my arms on the kitchen table. Guess I'm not going bsck out to finish what I was doing.

Is this worth a trip to my GP?

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25801   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8792035

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 7:16 PM on Monday, May 22nd, 2023

Not a doctor, but definitely worth taking this up with your GP.

Maybe a lack of coordination (on the ladder!) could be coming from deeper underlying nerve trouble.

Could also be the years of stress and trauma are coming out in your nervous system physically wearing out.

Please see your Dr. I'm concerned for you.

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1183   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8792065

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 8:10 PM on Monday, May 22nd, 2023

I agree on seeing your Dr, but my arms are toast after using the weed whacker (whipper snipper) for a long term. I think it is the heavy vibration, but same thing you described. It would resolve after a while- maybe an hour or so.

Did yours resolve?

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6073   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8792074

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 8:28 PM on Monday, May 22nd, 2023

I think I was just not paying attention enough with thr ladder when I fell. Also wearing steel toe boots 3 sizes to large didnt help either but they don't sell kid size ones lol. Ya I got small feet.

I will be calling my doctor this week.

I can move my arm more but it still shakes like crazy when i try to hold something. Also hurts. My hand and wrist are puffy.

Getting old sucks lol

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8792076

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 5:23 AM on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

I started a weird shaking. Ended up at a neurologist, with testing he said I have a thing called essential tremor. With your leg you may need physical therapy. Get this checked out.

BS Fwh

id 8792128

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 5:48 AM on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

I hope Rush chimes in. It could be a ton of different things, like turn muscles or ligaments, or nerve impingement. Starting with your GP is a good start, but advocate for your healing.

PS: Good to hear from you.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3589   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8792129

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 5:50 AM on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

I hope Tush chimes in. It could be a ton of different things, like turn muscles or ligaments, or nerve impingement. Starting with your GP is a good start, but advocate for your healing.

PS: Good to hear from you.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3589   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8792130

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 12:31 PM on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

Wow! Sorry you are dealing with this!

With your schedule and all the physical jobs you do, this has got to be a pain in the ass ( or leg 😊). Sorry, trying for some silliness in a difficult situation.)

Glad you are going to see your doctor soon. As hard as it will be for you, you may have to take it easy for a while and then build back up to the level of physical activity that you are used to.

I hope you can find some relief!

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8792143

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 12:44 PM on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

I would suspect the arn shaking is from overdoing it with the weed whacked. I get it terrible if I run it for more than 10 minutes. To do my property it takes an hour. So yah I even get a wild numbness in my hands that when I touch finger to thumb it feels like electric. Usually goes away in a day.

Now the leg thing could be a number of things including spine stuff with pinched nerves. You need some imaging (mri of your back)

Also with the trauma to your brain and body I would encourage you to get on the following supplements to minimize pain, and nerve damage and keep you feeling good.

Vitamin D 3 5000 units daily.
Super B supplement 1-2 daily
Magnesium glycenate or oxide 1-2 tabs daily (this one is super important if you are prone to muscle cramps or Charlie horses).
As we have talked before with other stuff you have had with joints I suspect you have some sort of inflammatory disease that needs to be determined so you can get on treatment to prevent further joint and organ issues

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20207   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8792145

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 7:57 PM on Wednesday, May 24th, 2023

Well the shaking has toned down but my left arm is hurting nicely and weak. I wasn't out weed whacking very long.

Of course this is the shoulder I had all those tests on that they couldn't figure out what was causing the pain. Then the accident with the van and wh punching me in the back of the shoulder didn't help matters at all. I'm glad I don't habe to haul bales of hay around cause I just couldn't do it right now.

I did do my physical therapy through the insurance from the accident. The tens unit and heat really helped. The massages were nice too though really worked my shoulder enough to be sore. But then I was able to use my arm the next day with no pain. That's all done now. So maybe I can see if my doc can get me into it again.

My leg is better. I have feeling back which is nice. It is sore in the hip/groin if I do a lot of walking.

Someone mentioned all the stress coming out. No doubt! Things here have been super crazy.

Tush I'll get those vitamins and minerals asap. I know I lacking. I can't even drink much. I never finish my coffee and I barely drink water.

id 8792376
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy