Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
watching the Tony Robbins live?

Topic is Sleeping.

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 8:46 PM on Tuesday, January 24th, 2023

So I did a thing. I accepted the gift of the vip access to the current Tony Robbins live from a friend and it is truly inspiring.

Not signing up to walk on fire but enjoying the Livestream.

Wondered if anyone else found inspiration in his work?

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1678   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8774539

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 1:56 AM on Wednesday, January 25th, 2023

I think he’s a very charismatic snake oil salesman spouting pop psychology. Everything I;ve read about him does not paint a picture of a man with good core values.
He was especially dodgy about COVID. Doesn’t help that he is buddies with Esther Perel.

But he has the gift of being a storyteller and entertainer, and lots of people drop thousands and thousands of dollars to see him live, so there is an appeal for sure.

Glad you are enjoying! Take inspiration where it finds you.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6073   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8774574

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 2:19 AM on Wednesday, January 25th, 2023

Interesting perspective Bearly. Appreciate your comments. That's what I like about this group. Smart people with lots of well thought out perspectives to share.

I am not at all a fan of E.P.
So that's good to know. The upgrade I was gifted amounts to about $2.50 cost per hour and supposedly the proceeds are going to Feed America.
We have spent more on a dinner than the cost of the upgrade so no harm done there. The brain science is interesting to me...beats me binge watching Drop Dead Deva I suppose :)

id 8774578

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 3:48 AM on Wednesday, January 25th, 2023

So funny! I just recently binged dropped dead diva! And there were better things to do with my time but 🤷🏼‍♀️ sometimes you just gotta do the silly one!

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6073   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8774587

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 10:20 PM on Wednesday, January 25th, 2023

Gotta admit Bearly I guess I should check my cheatdar on people before signing up for their classes...you made a good point!

id 8774716

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 12:32 PM on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

LOVE LOVE LOVE Tony Robbins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The husband and I started out with the "Unleash the Power Within" weekend. We did a 12 foot fire walk. TOTALLY AMAZING! (My husband did more of a fire drag, in that he can’t walk, so Tony Robbins and one other guy drug him backwards through the coals!)

Then we went to the financial weekend, I forget what that was called.

Then we went to the 10 day (I think) seminar on completely turning your life around, resetting new goals, addressing negative behaviors, etc. It happened to be when 9/11 happened. Our kids went with us. They were I think four, five, and eight maybe. They had a special little camp every day for the kids while we were in the seminar. That trip we did a 40 FOOT firewalk! So freaking awesome!

The most amazing thing happened when we were at the seminar when 911 happened. During a lunch break I was doing some laundry. That’s when I saw it on the TV. When we showed up with everyone else, for the afternoon seminar, Tony Robbins had completely dropped his plan and did interventions regarding the situation. There were people standing up and sharing that they had gotten phone calls from their loved ones telling them goodbye from the towers, etc. He did the most amazing "impromptu, on the spot interaction with two individuals who hated each other. It was an Orthodox Jewish man, and an Arabic man. He took them from a state of wishing they could kill each other, to embracing, and they went on to put together a plan to go in the communities and try to end the hate. It was just about the most awesome thing I’ve ever been a part of.

The only thing, through all of these experiences, that has ever given me pause, is that his seminars are so expensive to attend. It seems like many people who need the seminars are people with limited financial means. However, I get it that if you struggle to save and "make it happen" with being able to afford the seminar, it is an indication that you are ready and willing for a change. That’s the way it was for us.

BTW, can you tell me where you are watching him live? Is it like a streaming thing on TV? I watch anything and everything that I can get my hands on if it is regarding his work.

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8775487

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 4:01 AM on Friday, March 17th, 2023

What's right
Sorry I missed seeing your question. I was watching a Livestream of a recent "free" 4 day event several hours a day event. but a friend bought me additional content of approx an hour a day livefeed of Tony

id 8782558

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 12:53 PM on Friday, March 17th, 2023

What did you think?

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8218   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8782578

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 4:24 PM on Friday, March 17th, 2023

In general I thought the messages were things I needed to hear. I need a "new story". Things like that.

Bearly and others make good points.

I think the price that was paid was more than fair for the extra content. I do know the programs get expensive fast.
Would love to chat a bit with people on the forum about take aways and tips on having a more healed mindset:)

id 8782717
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy