Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

New Beginnings :
Ugh feelings

Topic is Sleeping.

Simplicity (original poster member #60501) posted at 5:43 AM on Thursday, October 6th, 2022

I got married this year and tried to send a letter to ex to tell him he doesn't need to send anymore alimony, but it turns out he moved without informing me (at least by mail, if he tried to text or email, I blocked him... The divorce agreement says communication needs to be by mail). This prompted me to Google him and I saw a theknot site announcing his wedding to the ow next year. I got so angry and annoyed. Anyway. I'm mad at myself for still caring at all, and annoyed because I don't know what to do about alimony (other than hold on to it I guess?). UGH!!

posts: 1264   ·   registered: Sep. 5th, 2017   ·   location: USA
id 8758387

HalfTime2017 ( member #64366) posted at 10:07 PM on Thursday, October 6th, 2022

I think legally, you should at the very least try to cover your tracks by doing the best you can to inform him of your change of status and if you can, file something with the court. This is to protect YOU. You can also put the funds away into a separate account, but opening a new account and not touch it. Again, I think this helps you, by showing that you really tried to sever the alimony.

As far as him getting hitched to the OW, I know it stings. My exWW is still with her POS AP after 5 yrs, and although like you, I've gotten remarried, just the reminder and thought of them two make me sick. It does not mean we're not over them, it just goes to show you that they were a part of our lives at some point, and even if they were to die, it reminds us of the past. You just got to learn to live with it, and hopefully with more time, it bothers you less and less.

posts: 1424   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2018   ·   location: Cali
id 8758474

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 2:39 AM on Friday, October 7th, 2022

Hey simplicity, great to see you post again. I think it’s totally normal that you would have some feelings about this, even though you’ve moved on and are well into your new beginning. He hurt you and he hurt you deeply. And that he’s still with his co-conspirator well that kind of hurts. Let it hurt for a little bit but then realize he’s still the same loser he was and he’s not grown or changed and meanwhile you’re out here being incredible and awesome. I don’t think this pain will hang around for very long.

Cover your tail on the alimony and congratulations on your marriage!

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6073   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8758492

Simplicity (original poster member #60501) posted at 5:06 PM on Friday, October 7th, 2022

lol, I'm not going to do it, but I joked, what if I wrote on their wedding page, congratulations Queen Camilla! You and King Charles successfully erased how horribly you both treated Princess Diana!

posts: 1264   ·   registered: Sep. 5th, 2017   ·   location: USA
id 8758626
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy