Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

I Can Relate :
Betrayed Menz Thread - Part 34

This Topic is Locked

LosferWords ( member #30369) posted at 4:08 PM on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019

Thanks, Incarnate! Nice song rendition.

How are your callouses holding up?

Mr. K - Great! Fingers weren't even sore after the show.

I always wanted to do nanowrimo

NTV - Have you thought about journaling?

id 8463069

Mr. Kite ( member #28840) posted at 7:45 PM on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019

Mr. K - Great! Fingers weren't even sore after the show.

Good to hear. I play a minimum of an hour a day to keep the callouses hardened, even if it's just playing scales.

Nothing much happening here. WW is off to meet with her counselor, a three hour round trip. I printed out Joseph's Letter for her to give to her counselor who is a BS less than one year from D-Day.

I have put off interviewing polygraph examiners until next week, but it will happen. Interesting times ahead.

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what not to do.

posts: 1168   ·   registered: Jun. 18th, 2010   ·   location: Mid-Atlantic
id 8463218

Butforthegrace ( member #63264) posted at 2:58 PM on Wednesday, November 6th, 2019

Okay ladies, a buddy loaned me his analogue Hartman flanger and I fell in love and now want a flanger, but the Hartman is giant. Eats up way too much real estate on the pedal board. I'm looking for a single space flanger. Analogue? Digital? TC Electronics Thunderstorm? Digi tech Nautila?

[This message edited by Butforthegrace at 8:59 AM, November 6th (Wednesday)]

"The wicked man flees when no one chases."

posts: 4179   ·   registered: Mar. 31st, 2018   ·   location: Midwest
id 8463760

Mr. Kite ( member #28840) posted at 4:52 PM on Wednesday, November 6th, 2019

I'm looking for a single space flanger. Analogue? Digital? TC Electronics Thunderstorm? Digi tech Nautila?

The Donner Jet Convolution Flanger is pretty compact(6.6 x 4.7 x 2.6 inches) and runs around $30.00. I use a Waves GTR3 for that type of sound but it's a plugin.

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what not to do.

posts: 1168   ·   registered: Jun. 18th, 2010   ·   location: Mid-Atlantic
id 8463833

Walloped ( member #48852) posted at 3:41 PM on Friday, November 8th, 2019

NTV - Have you thought about journaling?

Journaling? He’s published!

NTV - please share your Collected Works On Differential Farts - Causes & Effects with Losfer.

Me: BH 47
Her: WW 46
DDay 8/3/15
"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” - The Doctor

posts: 1816   ·   registered: Aug. 6th, 2015   ·   location: New York
id 8465137

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 4:02 AM on Saturday, November 9th, 2019

...that was a secret!

Actually working on a web serial at the moment. A comedy but no fart jokes so far lol

BH
DDAY Mar 2014
Widowed 2022 - breast cancer

posts: 13491   ·   registered: Aug. 5th, 2014   ·   location: Washington State
id 8465545

Oldwounds ( member #54486) posted at 4:06 AM on Saturday, November 9th, 2019

Very cool NTV.

Not about the no fart jokes so far in your web series, just the writing stuff in general.

Married 36+ years, together 41+ years
Two awesome adult sons.
Dday 6/16 4-year LTA Survived.
M Restored
"It is better to conquer our grief than to deceive it." — Seneca

posts: 4722   ·   registered: Aug. 4th, 2016   ·   location: Home.
id 8465549

Incarnate ( member #46085) posted at 7:46 AM on Saturday, November 9th, 2019

I've written 28,122 words in the last 8 days, not counting what i've written here and elsewhere, probably an easy 10-15k more (two posts I made on SI would account for 1555 of that).

Today was a hell of a slog. Trying to focus on working was night impossible, but I coasted in at the last second. Chapter 7 is halfway drafted.

just need to finish and publish this last book of this second trilogy. I'll have 7 books under my belt then, I can let it sit for a minute, and I can spend some time just relaxing and getting used to working outside the home again.

I can't really wait for these next 5-6 months to pass. I can't wait until I can start looking for a home outside of this one.

Me: BH
She: EW
Divorce in progress
DD1: 11/29/14
DD2: 8/14/19

What a wicked game we play.

posts: 768   ·   registered: Dec. 26th, 2014   ·   location: Northern California
id 8465576

Walloped ( member #48852) posted at 11:52 AM on Monday, November 11th, 2019

I've written 28,122 words in the last 8 days, not counting what i've written here and elsewhere, probably an easy 10-15k more (two posts I made on SI would account for 1555 of that).

Good on you, Incarnate!

And ummm...Patrick Rothfuss, if you’re secretly a member...take a lesson. It’s been 8 freakin’ years...

Me: BH 47
Her: WW 46
DDay 8/3/15
"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” - The Doctor

posts: 1816   ·   registered: Aug. 6th, 2015   ·   location: New York
id 8466311

LosferWords ( member #30369) posted at 12:48 AM on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

NTV - please share your Collected Works On Differential Farts - Causes & Effects with Losfer.

Normally I like the tactile feel and smell of an actual, physical book. In this case I am going to download the electronic copy.

I play a minimum of an hour a day to keep the callouses hardened, even if it's just playing scales.

That is awesome, and you are way more dedicated than I have been, Mr. K! How did things go with the counselor, and Joseph's Letter? The polygraph? Inquiring minds want to know!

I've been busy as fuck, which feels great. How has everyone been doing?

id 8466665

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 3:40 AM on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

Busy here too man

BH
DDAY Mar 2014
Widowed 2022 - breast cancer

posts: 13491   ·   registered: Aug. 5th, 2014   ·   location: Washington State
id 8466724

steadychevy ( member #42608) posted at 12:34 PM on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

Busy, too, and it is great.

Yesterday I laid two wreaths at the Cenotaph for Remembrance Day. One was for the Province of Alberta (like the state government) and the other for a utility where I'm the Chair of the Board. It was cold. A slightly smaller turnout than last year because it was so cold. My youngest daughter laid a wreath on behalf of the youth of Canada in our capital, Ottawa, when she was in Grade 11. Remembrance and Memorial are very important.

I'm kind of in an in between season on the ranch. I've finished with all the summer stuff but the cows and calves are still out grazing on stockpiled forage so not too busy with ranch stuff right now. They are grazing through about 5 inches of fluffy snow.

The last of the winter feed supply was hauled in on Saturday. 2 self loading-unloading truck going all day. They haul 17 bales at a time. I'm hoping it'll be a couple weeks yet before I have to feed mechanically. It'll depend on the weather.

Just ruminating and drinking morning coffee. Take care, all.

BH(me)72(now); XWW 64; M 42 yrsDDay1-01/09/13;DDay2-26/10/13;DDay3-19/12/13;DDay4-21/01/14LTA-09/02-06/06? OM - COW 4 years; "dates" w/3 lovers post engagement;ONS w/stranger post commitment, lies, lies, liesSeparated 23/09/2017; D 16/03/2020

posts: 4719   ·   registered: Feb. 27th, 2014   ·   location: Canada
id 8466787

Incarnate ( member #46085) posted at 1:27 PM on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

To steadychevy;

I'll admit, I do NOT miss my farming life. We grew all of our own food, raised our own meat, etc, for well over a decade, and ya know what? Nah. I'm good. I've done it, I could do it again, but right now I've got other things I'd rather do. Mad respect to anyone out there on the front lines keeping it up, but that ain't my life anymore, lol.

NaNoWriMo is going well.I've crested 40,000 words, when NaNo rules say you need to be at least to 20,000, and I'm on target to hit 42,000 today easily. The formula is 1,666.33 words a day average times 30 days is 50,000 words. I'm aiming for 105k, at 3500/day. I want this book to be mostly written by the time December 1st rolls around. Then I can take my time through the holidays finishing it, get it out early to my beta readers, take my time editing it, and publish it on time.

After that, I'll take a break from writing while I find a place, get moved out, and settle into a routine for work, custody, and my time. Maybe that'll mean going out and meeting people. Maybe that'll mean dating, Maybe that'll mean a lot of time playing video games, watching movies, and making chainmaille. Maybe that'll mean woodworking. We'll see. I'm actually looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time.

Divorce in progress

posts: 768   ·   registered: Dec. 26th, 2014   ·   location: Northern California
id 8466810

steadychevy ( member #42608) posted at 2:40 PM on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019

It's a good thing we don't all aspire to the same things, Incarnate. I'll leave the entertaining writing to others. I wrote technical stuff, production economics and financial management consulting reports in a previous life. Business management was highly entertaining and aspirational. Does that qualify as an outright lie or just as an extreme exaggeration?

I keep a few head to finish on grass for my own use, Incarnate, and to sell to a few other people. I harvest them when they are just over 2 years old and the flavour and texture is superb. You need the right genetics to do that. I could sell more but I'm too lazy. The rest of the cattle go into the commercial market for feedlot finishing.

Good luck on reaching your timeline, Incarnate.

I'm actually looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time.

That's pretty awesome in itself, isn't it.

BH(me)72(now); XWW 64; M 42 yrsDDay1-01/09/13;DDay2-26/10/13;DDay3-19/12/13;DDay4-21/01/14LTA-09/02-06/06? OM - COW 4 years; "dates" w/3 lovers post engagement;ONS w/stranger post commitment, lies, lies, liesSeparated 23/09/2017; D 16/03/2020

posts: 4719   ·   registered: Feb. 27th, 2014   ·   location: Canada
id 8466843

Incarnate ( member #46085) posted at 5:28 PM on Wednesday, November 13th, 2019

It really is. I'm trying to hold on to that feeling for myself and my girls.

Rough last night and this morning as well. Went to counseling yesterday, and as always, it was rough. Came home and slept a bit, from 6:00-10:00, then again from 3:00 to 7:00. Woke up this morning in pain, but surprisingly optimistic. That lasted about ten minutes.

I came out to get the girls up for school, and I heard my ex telling a story about the first man she cheated with and how funny he is, and how much he made her laugh, to the current man she cheated with, and my mood just went straight down the shitter.

I recognize this as a trigger. I know what it is. I realize that, at this point, 13 weeks out, I should just let it roll off my back.

But it's not water I'm letting roll off, it's lava.

I fucking hate being this fragile. I hate it. It makes me viscerally angry. I have only even opened myself up and been vulnerable to one person, and now she's just smashing every part of me with her selfishness and insensitivity, all while claiming to be "lol empath old soul positivity Grrrrrrl!"

And I hate it. I am terrified that all of this is going to bring out the darkness that I know I have inside of me. I have such a huge capacity to love, a huge capacity to care and help, but I have an equally large capacity to hurt and destroy and ruin. And right now, I'll admit, the dark side is looking really fucking appealing.

Divorce in progress

id 8467430

LosferWords ( member #30369) posted at 12:27 AM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019

That's brutal, Incarnate, and so insensitive and cruel on her part. I'm glad you are venting here instead of letting the dark side take over. A lot of us have been there. Her actions and words are a reflection upon her, and I know you already know that intellectually, but it's hard to accept when you get hit in the gut hard by a medicine ball at 90mph.

Grasp onto the positive with the positive things you have in life, namely, those girls. Release the negative through writing, beating the fuck out of your punching bag, doing chain mail, whatever it takes. Know you've been heard here, too. Vent away, if that helps. We all enjoy a good vent.

id 8467699

Loukas ( member #47354) posted at 12:40 AM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019

I'll admit, the dark side is looking really fucking appealing.

A bit of a dark side lover myself. What does the dark side look like to you, Incarnate?

[This message edited by Loukas at 6:40 PM, November 13th (Wednesday)]

posts: 1862   ·   registered: Mar. 29th, 2015   ·   location: The school of hard knocks
id 8467702

DoinBettr ( member #71209) posted at 4:00 PM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019

Normally I like the tactile feel and smell of an actual, physical book. In this case I am going to download the electronic copy.

That is a book that would need one of those sound making jacket covers. Maybe a loud one, a wet one, and a squeaker. It would make the perfect coffee table book. Like how I have the kids book, "I need a new butt". Everyone picks it up and reads it the first time they see it.

posts: 725   ·   registered: Aug. 7th, 2019   ·   location: Midwest
id 8467901

LosferWords ( member #30369) posted at 5:38 PM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019

Maybe a loud one, a wet one, and a squeaker.

I think that covers part of the gamut with differential farts, but I'm sure NTV could expand on that greatly. The first one that comes to my mind that you missed is the classic dirt bike. Not to mention the Canadian goose.

How you doin' today, Incarnate? I hope better?

id 8467980

Incarnate ( member #46085) posted at 6:05 PM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019

I'm stable, Losfer, which is good. Thank you for asking.

Got out of the house for a few hours last night. Hung out with a few ladies at a local arts and crafts beer bar, just working on writing and having sporadic conversation. It was kinda funny; we'd all just sort of look up at once and start chatting like we'd never stopped, then after about fifteen minutes, we'd all just sort of drop back into our work. i got another thousand words done, and today I am certain I'll hit my 50k NaNoWriMo minimum. Still shooting for 105k, though.

Both of the ladies were married, and one was to a woman (the other was to a friend/acquaintance of mine), it was in a neutral, public place, so no worries, y'all, nothing of any romantic sort was even a brainfart. It was just good people enjoying our work in good company.

But yeah. I'm a little tense this morning because I chatted with my mom, and she ALWAYS goes right for the ex's throat when we talk, talking about what a shit mother, partner, housekeeper, businessperson, etc she is. She is unimaginably angry with the ex for me, which is, well, validating, but sometimes a little stressful. Trying to get my 3500 words down for the day.

lol, with everything I've typed here on SI, I'd be halfway done by now.

[This message edited by Incarnate at 12:07 PM, November 14th (Thursday)]

Divorce in progress

id 8468000
This Topic is Locked
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy