Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

Off Topic :
Anyone Else a Thread-killer?

This Topic is Archived

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 6:39 PM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

I got there last and it was farthest for me to drive. Everyone but me had a big truck or 4 wheel drive. They got all the spots off the small road and left the sand trap for me with my compact. Said park in neighbors drive because he's never there but I didn't think that was right so risked getting stuck in the sand. I think someone should have exchanged places with me.

All kinds of things like two ladies trying to bash open a can with a hammer because opener had died. Just weird things like that the whole time and it felt like a comedy movie where one situation after the next. Every time I got up, my chair was moved or someone set their supplies on it. The iron was always about to fall off on the floor and there was a itty bitty travel ironing board on an unstable tv tray. They set up a cutting table that barricaded the front door so the only way out was through a preserved 50 s kitchen no bigger than an rv kitchen. Full of people eating 3 day old donuts.

I don't do loud and crowded. I think that is it. Everyone else had a swell time and didn't notice the chaos and inconvenience.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8580292

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 9:39 PM on Friday, August 28th, 2020

Well kit...that sounds like ummmm...something different and outside your every day experiences I'm guessing? So I guess there's that.

As I read your posts, I kept thinking about my little unspoken rule back in my hiking/camping days: not all of my friends would make very good camp buddies. Shared spaces (and chores) are a challenge. (And in your case - random stuffed and unstuffed critters).

On the flip side, I keep picturing costumes from the show Deadwood when you mentioned shirtwaist. Is that close? Are you at least getting some cool projects done?

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.
Took off flying solo with the co-pilot chili dog.
"Life teaches you how to live it if you live long enough" - Tony Bennett

posts: 2235   ·   registered: May. 2nd, 2012   ·   location: Reality
id 8580388

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 1:46 AM on Saturday, August 29th, 2020

My clothes came out really nice. They gave me a 2x3 space on the table in the living room right next to the bathroom door. If anybody had to use the bathroom I had to get up and move so I sat on the couch until they came out. I should have brought knitting and sat on the couch. Other people made dresses for girls in Africa so they can attend school. That doesn't take much space to sew those little girl dresses. My stuff had tucks and lace insertion and wasn't hard to sew but all my supplies had to go under the table where everyone else's stuff ended up. The thing I wished I brought was my good iron and a real ironing board but where we would have set it up there.......

The wolf howl all night was just odd but I got up early at 5:30 and packed my clothes and pillow in my car and took a walk down the road listen ing to the birds. Later on the owner said you shouldn't walk alone early there's a bear and a homeless dude living in his truck working on somebody's cabin down the road. She caught me on her critter camera walking out to my car. Good thing I didn't stay in my pjs like some other sewers did.

Bunch of grannies sitting around in pjs drinking....it's a sight. I'm not a granny but they welcomed me anyway. I just ate strawberries and whipped cream and then walked past bambi in the light of the moon. Nice to hear the birds in the morning at dawn. Made me want to go camping again.

[This message edited by pureheartkit at 7:47 PM, August 28th (Friday)]

id 8580477

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 2:12 AM on Monday, August 31st, 2020

Chili it was using folkwear pattern 216. Schoolmistress shirtwaist and skirt. Looks antique but has a modern cut so it's more comfortable.

[This message edited by pureheartkit at 8:13 PM, August 30th (Sunday)]

id 8581086

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 4:42 PM on Wednesday, September 9th, 2020

Anyone seen silver or Greenzy or some of the other thread-killers around of late? I just hope everyone is taking good care of themselves these days as the stressors linger on and on....

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.

id 8585333

steadychevy ( member #42608) posted at 2:32 AM on Thursday, September 10th, 2020

I was wondering the same thing, Chili. I don't think she's been on since February. I hope all is well with her and she's just taking a hiatus(or is that an hiatus?).

BH(me)72(now); XWW 64; M 42 yrsDDay1-01/09/13;DDay2-26/10/13;DDay3-19/12/13;DDay4-21/01/14LTA-09/02-06/06? OM - COW 4 years; "dates" w/3 lovers post engagement;ONS w/stranger post commitment, lies, lies, liesSeparated 23/09/2017; D 16/03/2020

posts: 4719   ·   registered: Feb. 27th, 2014   ·   location: Canada
id 8585604

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 4:49 AM on Thursday, September 10th, 2020

You know the mood is just dark or people seem to be just toughing it through to the next day. It's the same everywhere I go.

There was a little light to be had the other evening at a German restaurant we like. The patio was open and they had lights up and big coolers to beat the heat. A man played guitar and the dark green plants swayed in the evening breeze to the music. Little kids ran about laughing and people seemed glad just to see them run and laugh. It was nice to forget it all for a few hours.

id 8585644

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 3:48 AM on Monday, September 14th, 2020

One of the sewers went to that big motorcycle meet up. Hope she didn't get sick with coronavirus.

Really, these are strange days. The sky finally cleared of ash. Happy just to pull weeds under a clear sky. The cat is happy too. He gets to go outside again. The political signs are going up but no one's in the mood for it. Halloween cancelled but we might have a cub scout Halloween pumpkin event in the garage, properly distanced.

Doin the best with what we've got.

id 8587230

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 4:16 AM on Monday, September 14th, 2020

a hiatus(or is that an hiatus?)

Steady: I think either is correct actually. And you can fudge it with strongly pronouncing the "h" if you rule follow and think "an" is the more bestest way. How's that for some wishy washy?

Kit:

people seem to be just toughing it through to the next day

I think this is right. It's like we all have a basic idea what the generalized background answer is to "How are you" for most everyone right now.

Really, these are strange days

This is exactly the wording I keep going back to when I try to describe things.

I was picking the brains of some WW2 kids the other day because they seem to be tapping into some coping skills they learned all those years ago. They said this is a lot different in that there are so many more unknowns and landmarks now than during the war. And also - they could still do so many things together as a collective that brought them closer to other people (from working at jobs for the war effort to having dances), not farther. Even though they were sacrificing certain things (rations, family members drafted). They said this isolation stuff is way different.

Just some Sunday night ramblings.

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.

id 8587238

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 12:55 AM on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020

I'm just glad no one has blamed the virus on my fartz. I mean, I see the similarities, what with staying indoors and masks and all, but no one has ever died from my rear end exhaust vent.

...to my knowledge...

BH
DDAY Mar 2014
Widowed 2022 - breast cancer

posts: 13491   ·   registered: Aug. 5th, 2014   ·   location: Washington State
id 8587560

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 2:09 AM on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020

rear end exhaust vent

That's one I've never heard before. Hope you dont mind if I use it lol

And has anyone been stuck with you in a small space unable to escape when your rear end exhaust vent exploded??? If not I wouldn't expect any deaths from asphyxiation lol

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25801   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8587595

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 4:54 PM on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020

NTV: You're like an old....shoe. Predictable. Soothing in your monotony. If ever there was a steadfast rule of the SI universe, it is that NTV will show up with something scatalogical no matter the topic.

Way to keep being you.

no one has ever died from my rear end

(Just so you know, you won't be killing this thread with some last fart moment either).

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.

id 8587808

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 6:04 PM on Tuesday, September 15th, 2020

Farts are universal. Pretty sure you can insert a fart joke into any situation/topic for comic relief.

For example, horses. My horses are wonderful and I bet my mare could give NTV a run for his money with her farts. AMD I swear she does it on purpose, especially when I'm brushing her butt...

[This message edited by DragnHeart at 12:05 PM, September 15th (Tuesday)]

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8587850

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 5:31 PM on Thursday, September 17th, 2020

Dragonfart, she does do it on purpose. I snuck over there and made a bargain with her to do it for 3 carrots. Truthfully, I think she wanted to do it anyway, and the bargain was just for horse pride.

Chili! It's a little bit unnerving to be compared to a shoe. It's like you have premonitions of my new shoe line... I don't know how many of dragonfart's goats you had to sacrifice to the the great spirit of Silent but Deadly to know my plans ahead of time.... but since you do, how about helping me decide on the branding? I can't decide on a good name.

Like... what about "back air" jordans?

Adidaf?

Fart martins?

[This message edited by Notthevictem at 2:47 PM, September 17th (Thursday)]

BH
DDAY Mar 2014

id 8588570

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 6:06 PM on Thursday, September 17th, 2020

Fart martins?

Go with this one. It has NTV written all over it

id 8588592

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 9:25 PM on Saturday, September 26th, 2020

NTV shoe line. *snort*

Fart martins was pretty good though. Enough to take the kitty on this round. Good goin'.

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.

id 8591733

Tred ( member #34086) posted at 9:31 PM on Saturday, September 26th, 2020

All this time I thought this was a sewing thread...

Married: 27 years (14 @JFO) D-Day: 11/09/11"Ohhhhh...shut up Tred!" - NOT the official SI motto (DS)

id 8591735

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 9:55 PM on Saturday, September 26th, 2020

All this time I thought this was a sewing thread

Omg hilarious!!!

id 8591743

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 5:35 PM on Tuesday, September 29th, 2020

Tred, ya should have known is was about farts...

BH
DDAY Mar 2014

id 8592507

Chili (original poster member #35503) posted at 4:11 AM on Wednesday, October 7th, 2020

Addled brain alert.

Wearing a black polo T-shirt - the kind with a logo on it - this particular logo kind of a cream color.

Take the pup outside before bed and look down. See a stink bug on my ummmm...right womanly area. Give a quick index finger flick. Nothing. Flick again. Stubborn ass stink bug. Cuss and take a good big swipe.

Not a stink bug. It's the fucking logo. And it's on the right side and kind of raised because I've apparently been wearing my shirt inside out all day long. Sigh. Note to self: logo doesn't go on the right titty.

(Wasn't even enjoyable or anything. Relieved I didn't somehow damage myself. I have reached a new low.)

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.

id 8595055
This Topic is Archived
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy