I kind of miss what is going on if there is anything specifically that casts you into despair.
I can only hear the emotional notes so I kind of guess what you mean, still isn’t solid enough to give circumstantial advice.
About the emotional feel of the rubbles becoming dust:
I understand it feels bad, but I would say it could be good.
I know that is something nobody truly wants to wrap their head around, but after infidelity and betrayal the past, the history the entire relationship is gone.
Is dead and rotting in front of you two. The attachment was killed. Sweet memories contaminated. Hopes and dreams you shared are clouded by doubts, deception, abuse.
When something is tainted that much, you cannot save it, you have to let it die.
You can make attempts to rebuild on those ruin but the rubbles and rotting corpse of the past don’t just go away, they re emerge and haunt you both.
When I say bringing the ruins and corpses into dust and let them fly away in the wind might be a good thing, I mean it.
If you are a changed person with new self respect and self love, now it is the time to clean up the ruins of the past, sweep them away and show any shadow that was hidden in what you built together to your bs. So he knows there is no secrets anymore.
They were from the person who you used to be.
The person you are today rejects that horror and is no longer afraid to show it all, and sweep it away from the new foundation.
Once you swept away the dust and the ashes, you are at a ground zero, new ground, meeting for the first time as the new you with him.
If you are new you have a chance. If he is healed he might give a chance.
What is eventually going to be rebuilt, is not a new chapter on the book, is a different book and story entirely.
For him the previous book was a lovecraftian horror masquerading as a romance novel.
Now the pages are blank, and if he recovered he might still want to put the pen down it’s you and write the new story together.
I know everyone wishes they could turn back time and wake up from this nightmare breathing in relief that it was just a horrible dream, and they didn’t live in a lie of trauma and sexual abuse.
Many WS and bs lived it differently, one side probably living emotions that are in dissonance with the other.
The betrayed side is the worst place to be in this situation, because you have to choose between deleting the person you loved from your life and move on, or keeping both them and the pain.
And none of those choices will ever feel more than a lose/lose situation.
The choice to stay is always painful, but it is also telling you that they felt something strong enough for you to choose you over the unthinkable.
Burning those ruins and allowing the ground to clear, even if sad and hurtful, is probably a necessary step to not rebuild, but start anew.