Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

General :
Religious & Political threads

drowninginsorrow ( member #4545) posted at 10:01 PM on Tuesday, March 18th, 2008

as mentioned just above this by DS:

Breaking the Zero Tolerance rule = losing your Profile

seriously people

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.- Matt Groening
"I've found the secret to life. I'm ok when everything is not ok"- Tori Amos lyrics

posts: 56714   ·   registered: Jun. 3rd, 2004   ·   location: canuckistan
id 2873297

Celerygal ( member #18264) posted at 8:04 PM on Thursday, April 10th, 2008

Wow - I'd never gone in here before. Wow. Why don't some people get it? In spite of this one subject (infidelity) that we have in common, we are not all the same and we don't have the time/space here to debate those other issues. Your board is focused on this issue (again, infidelity). Thanks for standing your ground and not letting the site get all cluttered up & off-topic, Mods.

id 2932324

Mango ( member #6536) posted at 9:24 PM on Thursday, May 1st, 2008

One of the things I cherish most about thi site is the no politics or religion bashing. People are hurting bad enough without debating politics. Thank you DS and Co.

posts: 1342   ·   registered: Feb. 24th, 2005   ·   location: South Texas
id 2985531

sickwith4kids ( member #16585) posted at 6:01 PM on Monday, June 16th, 2008

Does anyone happen to know of a christian site that helps deal with infidelity? I actually love to hear about how the Bible and scripture helped people and if that is not tolerated then I would like to find a new site that would allow it. I have found help here but I need Christ in my life. I would never bash somebody for their beliefs on here but I sure would like to be able to be open with mine. I just feel sometimes it helps to hear the positive spiritual stuff and I couldn't imagine being offended by it if it is meant to help.

me (BS)-34 Him (FWH)-35
married 11 years (together 14)

DDay 10/07/2007
trickle truth for one month
kids S-9 D-7 S-5 D-2
...because it was us baby way before them and we're still together. ~REO Speedwagon~

posts: 350   ·   registered: Oct. 12th, 2007   ·   location: Ohio
id 3102702

Deeply Scared ( Administrator #2) posted at 7:40 PM on Monday, June 16th, 2008

Please see this thread in the I Can Relate forum

http://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=158514

"Don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest." My Mom:)

My tolerance for stupid shit is getting less and less.

id 3102987

melbourne ( member #4059) posted at 4:24 AM on Sunday, September 7th, 2008

I've never read through this entire thread before but now that I have...here is my Paypal donation for another $25.00, along with a bottle of virtual wine and my sincere thanks. (Did you notice that the virtual wine bottle was virtually empty, BTW? <hic>

posts: 948   ·   registered: Apr. 12th, 2004   ·   location: midwest
id 3286282

DoneThat ( member #23040) posted at 2:57 PM on Tuesday, April 28th, 2009

I was just looking this over. I didn't write that. ??

[This message edited by DoneThat at 8:06 AM, December 21st (Tuesday)]

id 3801642

Deeply Scared ( Administrator #2) posted at 6:30 PM on Wednesday, April 29th, 2009

]"It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

What does this really mean to you?

I'm not sure who you're asking...but it means...

To not take revenge, instead, leave room for Gods wrath.

[This message edited by Deeply Scared at 12:31 PM, April 29th (Wednesday)]

id 3805360

Clarrissa ( member #21886) posted at 9:11 PM on Sunday, May 3rd, 2009

First time I've read this thread and I think the mods are right. This site is not for the discussion of politics or religion. Those have always been incendiary topics. While I do believe in a higher power, call it God, Allah, or even Big Juju, how one relates to this higher power is probably one of the most personal things you can think of. While it's nice to discuss this topic with like-minded people it's not our place to shove our views and beliefs down others' throats. I believe the Bible says something to the effect that if you spread the message in a town and no one wants to listen, then go on to another place. To me this says "If they're not interested, then don't waste your time" or a sentiment to that effect. I know I mentioned the Bible and I hope this doesn't break the Zero Tolerance Rule concerning religion. It was not to spark any kind of debate. I was merely saying that one of the "Good Books" (I believe the Torah and the Koran are also "good books" with much in common) basically says you really don't have the right to proselytize especially after you were shown or told not to. Faith is a great thing. It's helped many people move past traumatic events in their lives such as infidelity and death and to me all faiths are about the same thing (religion is a different matter but I'm not going to get into that). Faith is the belief that there is a higher power that is looking out for every one of us, is interested in how our lives are going and yes, even testing us to see what we're truly made of. There is no proof of this higher power but that's the definition of faith: beliving something without a shred of proof. I think *faith* has a place here, not religion.

BH Cee64D - 50
FWW (me) - 51

All affairs are variations on a theme. No one has 'Beethoven's 5th' to everyone else's 'Chopsticks'.

posts: 6192   ·   registered: Dec. 3rd, 2008   ·   location: A better place
id 3815389

BrokenBrianne ( new member #24025) posted at 12:58 PM on Monday, May 18th, 2009

Hi. I am new and this is my first post...so forgive me if this was brought up already. Does this include talking about the book..The Love Dare..and the movie Fireproof? I am actually not religious but feel these are both very helpful for me so far. I watched the movie and just started the book. The movie helped wake both me and the H up a bit. I now see what problems we were having before the infidelity and continue to have....I am hoping the book will help change that.

[This message edited by BrokenBrianne at 7:06 AM, May 18th (Monday)]

posts: 1   ·   registered: May. 15th, 2009   ·   location: Louisiana
id 3853762

Deeply Scared ( Administrator #2) posted at 1:04 PM on Monday, May 18th, 2009

Does this include talking about the book..The Love Dare..and the movie Fireproof?

We only ask that religious debates are not started

id 3853769

Shattrdfairytale ( new member #24049) posted at 8:13 AM on Sunday, June 28th, 2009

I just want to thank the mods immensely for keeping religion and politics out of here. This site has helped me get through the day most days and if I had to put up with being called a godless communist (godless yes communist no), I wouldn't be able to stay. So thank you so much for making this forum a place for everyone not just believers.

btw iamsorry- Awesome post!!!

BS (me) - 36
FWH - 34
DD- 11
M-11/17/01
Dday- 5/08
R - 6-25-08

posts: 24   ·   registered: May. 17th, 2009   ·   location: California
id 3944350

catwoman999 ( member #5524) posted at 7:54 PM on Friday, October 23rd, 2009

Infidelity tests core beliefs. Religion is part of that. It should be fair ground.

After the affair and PTSD, my faith in a higher being collapsed. I realized it is important to have faith in what is real: love, integrity, and goodness that show themselves in actual human beings, however flawed.

This was a vital part of my recovery and should be tolerated here.

If you live long enough, you experience betrayal from both sides. If you learn, you steer clear. D-Day 6-16-04. We learned.

posts: 291   ·   registered: Oct. 7th, 2004   ·   location: san francisco
id 4187370
flag

Deeply Scared ( Administrator #2) posted at 3:44 PM on Saturday, October 24th, 2009

Catwoman99...

No one said religion couldn't be discussed. What was said that religion wouldn't be debated...big difference.

id 4188788

catwoman999 ( member #5524) posted at 4:42 PM on Saturday, October 24th, 2009

oh, I see. thanks for the clarification.

If you live long enough, you experience betrayal from both sides. If you learn, you steer clear. D-Day 6-16-04. We learned.

posts: 291   ·   registered: Oct. 7th, 2004   ·   location: san francisco
id 4188878

where am i ( member #26064) posted at 5:03 AM on Monday, November 2nd, 2009

i thought i understood. but now i am confused. religion can be discussed, just not debated? maybe you mean mentioned and not debated? because a discussion about religion is going to be a debate in some way (politics, too)

anyway....i'm leaving them both out.

playin' it safe.

i know there's a balance, i see it when i swing past.

posts: 64   ·   registered: Nov. 2nd, 2009   ·   location: WESTERN NEW YORK
id 4204624

Lostdale ( member #28680) posted at 11:42 PM on Sunday, June 6th, 2010

I was raised Catholic but as far as I can see, religion has been the problrm with us. I don't have to tell you how many people have been killed over the centurys believing THEIR GOD WAS THE TRUE GOD. You already know. The pain that a God puts on it's people, death, desease, famin, floods, wars, ETC,ETC, now you know why I don't believe anymore,and neither should you.

Me,58 WW,53 2DDays two son's---24+30 No one kows what it's like to be the sad man,behind blue eyes--The Who

married 31 years, some good

posts: 179   ·   registered: Jun. 2nd, 2010   ·   location: Pa
id 4624676

Pansy Moss ( member #30030) posted at 12:57 PM on Thursday, March 24th, 2011

I just read through this. It's a no brainer. I'm a religious Catholic but dang, I don't go to PTA meetings and start religious debates. I might say "yeah, we just had pizza tonight because it's Friday", but that's entirely different then "here I am once again amidst these neo-pagans..." That's silly.

I have very, strong and rigid religious beliefs. I cannot fully cut off a giant part of my cultural identity when expressing myself at times. But my beliefs are about me and my private relationship with God, not about

finding ways to bludgeon or

manipulate others.

~Pansy Moss 41 (BS)
~FWH 40 LostGuy73
wife of 19 yrs
Mom of 7 (dd 20,ds 18,ds 14,ds 11, ds 9,dd 7,ds 4)
Last D-Day 10.2.09
Separated
"LOVE is not blind; that is the last thing it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is bl

posts: 680   ·   registered: Nov. 6th, 2010   ·   location: Amsterdam, NY
id 5147299

dday420 ( member #32133) posted at 4:45 AM on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

Can we start a new thread for prayer? This one is full:

http://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=158514

For better or for worse

Infidelity is a choice. There is no justification.

posts: 95   ·   registered: May. 11th, 2011   ·   location: socal
id 5240571

Deeply Scared ( Administrator #2) posted at 4:35 PM on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011

dday...

There is a current thread in on page 1 of the ICR forum.

http://www.survivinginfidelity.com/forums.asp?tid=339319

id 5241252
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy