Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: BShopQuartet

Off Topic :
Elderly parents - long

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 1:10 PM on Thursday, October 17th, 2024

Glad you were able to connect with the SW. Not sure where you are or what the rules are but I would imagine there's a Nurse Care Manager or someone similar to assist with planning and connecting you to resources.
Here in the US discharge planning starts on day of admission and identifying issues from the get go.
Yes some of the cognitive test are difficult one I absolutely would not be able to do is to count backwards by 7's.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20262   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8851304

SackOfSorry (original poster member #83195) posted at 5:28 PM on Thursday, October 17th, 2024

Yes, they are talking about connecting us to whatever services she would need. They've already given her a bunch of pamphlets on home food delivery companies, for eg.

However, I still think she needs some kind of assisted living. Am investigating retirement homes where it's like your own apartment but they provide meals, assistance with bathing, housekeeping and laundry, etc. It's super expensive but I think if we sell the house, she can swing it for a few years maybe, and then at her age, I imagine we'd be looking at long term care for sure by then.

Me - BW
DDay - May 4, 2013

And nothing's quite as sure as change. (The Mamas and the Papas)

id 8851319
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy