Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: beachbaby

Just Found Out :
I just found out that my wife cheated on me

This Topic is Archived

redsox13 ( member #43391) posted at 11:49 PM on Monday, March 13th, 2017

Then really there isn't much need to let her know.

The less you say the better from now on - and I know how hard the temptation is.

BS - 45
fWW - 43
Simply getting better.

id 7808198

Sharkman ( member #56818) posted at 12:08 AM on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017

Everyone goes at their own pace. You did the right thing by making is OK with yourself.

There is a big issue of rug sweeping, and many people are justifiably sick of seeing betrayeds making the same mistakes. You didn't rignsweep at all, you made the decision, it sucked but now you're starting a more positive chapter

You will be fine

id 7808212

Wool94 ( member #53300) posted at 9:54 AM on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017

Ihatechoosinga, I'm pulling for you!

D-Day #1: April 7, 2016
D-Day #2: May 21, 2016
D-Day #3: June 7, 2016
Me: 1975
Her:WW (amn8r) 1981
Son 2006
Daughter 2009
"God not only loves you, but He actually likes you. "-Stephen Hooks

"My faith is mine now."

posts: 3816   ·   registered: May. 19th, 2016   ·   location: Roll Tide Country 🇺🇸
id 7808418

ihatechoosinga (original poster member #57269) posted at 3:39 AM on Wednesday, March 15th, 2017

Thank you all for the support. It has helped more than you all know.

id 7809167

ihatechoosinga (original poster member #57269) posted at 2:58 PM on Saturday, April 8th, 2017

I think I probably already know the answer to this, but my WS has finally reached out to one of our mutual friends that we were both close to and has said that she hasn't received any support from anyone of our close mutual friends.

I will go on the record of saying that she told me to reach out to close friends. Most of these close mutual friends were my close friends before my WS and I even met. However, I made it very clear that they should listen to both sides of the story. Being good people, these friends have agreed that although very disappointed in her and they really want to disown her, they are willing to still be there to listen to her if she reaches out because as my friend, they respect my wishes that they try not to take sides and at the very least be willing to listen to her side of the story.

So back to what she said to the friend that she finally reached out to. It just baffles my mind how she is acting as if all of our close mutual friends have abandoned her when she has not taken the initiative and reached out to them for support with the exception of the one friend that she just reached out to over 2 months later.

Here is the part that I am pretty sure I know the answer to. I so badly want to write her to let her know that they have been waiting this entire time and that she never reached out to them. Truthfully, the reason I want to write her about it is because I would by lying if I didn't admit that I think it would be really sad if she loses almost all of her close friends simply because she is not taking responsibility for not reaching out to them.

I know that I probably shouldn't but although I have fully accepted that my WS is a woman that I can never trust again, and therefore will never be with again, I do still care about her.

[This message edited by ihatechoosinga at 9:02 AM, April 8th (Saturday)]

id 7831447

Smillie ( member #51537) posted at 3:36 PM on Saturday, April 8th, 2017

I can't see you have much option to continue with the divorce and 180. She has not shown any remorse or a desire to reconcile.

posts: 481   ·   registered: Jan. 27th, 2016   ·   location: Scotland
id 7831470

ihatechoosinga (original poster member #57269) posted at 3:46 PM on Saturday, April 8th, 2017

That last post was written when I was feeling very emotionally vulnerable. My apologies. Of course I shouldn't write her and I should continue doing the 180 and no contact.

I just feel like a crazy person sometimes because it's like I am doing well... doing well... doing well... still doing well... Bam! An emotional wreck for 20 minutes. Then back to doing well.

I will say those intervals are definitely getting farther apart though. I think the last time I was hurting that badly from an emotional standpoint was a week or two ago. So I've got that going for me.

id 7831479

4kids ( member #57436) posted at 11:32 PM on Saturday, April 8th, 2017

I'm sorry you are hurting.

It really is a roller coaster, isn't it?

Your last post is point proven about the fact that we must wait a breath before making decisions that could affect our life. Especially when we are living and surviving the TRAUMA that is Infidelity.

Know we are thinking of you. Stay strong when you can.( you are doing well.)

When your weak or sad or angry or devastated or raw or bewildered or shocked or etc etc etc...post here.

Take care of you

posts: 1389   ·   registered: Feb. 14th, 2017   ·   location: Canada
id 7831770

FML13 ( member #54039) posted at 3:29 AM on Sunday, April 9th, 2017

Hang in there. You are doing really well. She is quite the piece of work.

Me: BW Him: POS WH
D-Day 5/1/16
Admitted ONS, unconsummated affair with MCOW, all night party/makeout session with stripper, and multiple ego-boosting inappropriate interactions.
Status? Who knows? Clearly I'm not a good judge of reality.

posts: 229   ·   registered: Jul. 8th, 2016   ·   location: Shitsville
id 7831861

Alchemy ( member #57379) posted at 9:56 PM on Sunday, April 9th, 2017

Here is the part that I am pretty sure I know the answer to. I so badly want to write her to let her know that they have been waiting this entire time and that she never reached out to them. Truthfully, the reason I want to write her about it is because I would by lying if I didn't admit that I think it would be really sad if she loses almost all of her close friends simply because she is not taking responsibility for not reaching out to them.

I know that I probably shouldn't but although I have fully accepted that my WS is a woman that I can never trust again, and therefore will never be with again, I do still care about her.

That last post was written when I was feeling very emotionally vulnerable. My apologies. Of course I shouldn't write her and I should continue doing the 180 and no contact.

I just feel like a crazy person sometimes because it's like I am doing well... doing well... doing well... still doing well... Bam! An emotional wreck for 20 minutes. Then back to doing well.

I will say those intervals are definitely getting farther apart though. I think the last time I was hurting that badly from an emotional standpoint was a week or two ago. So I've got that going for me.

No need to apologize. It's OK to get emotional from time to time and, even if you break the 180, it's no big deal. The only thing you have to be sure not to do is get her pregnant.

id 7832260

ihatechoosinga (original poster member #57269) posted at 10:15 PM on Monday, April 10th, 2017

Alchemy, I needed that laugh so thank you! Although I found humor in it, it is also very true. I suppose that is why I found humor in it.

id 7833097
This Topic is Archived
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy