Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Divorce/Separation :
what is next!?!?!

Topic is Sleeping.

soconfused0314 (original poster new member #82535) posted at 1:40 AM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

My partner just said they are done. They found a new person who is not me. It is a shock!!!! Not sure what next steps are. I am devastated by my personality is an "always moving forward" type of momentum. I am exploring dating apps and what not to get them out of the way. Find a good fit.

Anyone else in the same boat?

posts: 13   ·   registered: Dec. 11th, 2022   ·   location: home was SLC but currently traveling
id 8771162

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 2:27 AM on Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

First, you need time to heal and recover.

Have you and your STBXWW (soon to be ex wayward wife) discussed division of assets and debts? Would you be able to use a mediator rather than an attorney?

Have you thought about how custody will work?

Check out the family court website for your county of residence and see the resources available. You'll likely have to take a parenting class.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3734   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8771166

annb ( member #22386) posted at 12:13 AM on Thursday, December 29th, 2022

You are not ready to date yet. You need to take time to process this trauma and learn to move forward alone.

You'd be using another woman to help you feel better, it's not fair to her or you.

Give yourself at least six months. Meet with friends and family for support, go to the gym, a new hobby, volunteer, anything to give you a bit of respite from your thoughts.

Find a good counselor to help you navigate this betrayal.

posts: 12195   ·   registered: Jan. 10th, 2009   ·   location: Northeast
id 8771274
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy