** Slow drivers in the fast lane.
** People who use baby talk to their kids, no matter what the age.
**When a kid acts up in public the parent tries to play it off as cuteness and looks discreetly at you for for approval...
** People who when they speak a word with the letter S in it make the S whistle when they speak it.. (example is Michelle Dugger)
** Women who click their acrylic nails on keyboards, desks... whatever....
** People who work in stores who have a set of keys to the store on their wrist like a braclet and they clank them around...
All very petty I know, but like I said I am really cranky today
[This message edited by Dawnie at 1:16 PM, October 30th (Wednesday)]
People who cannot put their cell phone down long enough to finish grocery transactions.
Men/Women who are old enough to know better, yet dress like teenagers anyway.
DD(21), DS(18, PDD-NOS)
6 Furkids - 4 dogs, 2 cats
WXH (serial cheater, 12+ OW) - Legally married 18yrs
I edit often for clarity.
Anyone who wants to "ax" me a question.
Gabybaby, that drives me crazy too. Or, when somebody says "those are mines" instead of "those are mine".
Do *not* let off your brakes at a stop light when I'm crossing in front of you.
Watch the damn crosswalks before you turn. People still use them. They are *not* just decoration.
Just because you don't feel like going 20 feet further to turn doesn't mean you can cut through a parking lot or gas station to make the turn .
Red lights mean STOP, not speed up to get through the intersection in the fraction of a second before the opposing light turns green.
One last one, work related. Do NOT act like you know my job better than I do. *Especially* if *I* trained you and have been doing that job or similar since you were in middle school.
All affairs are variations on a theme. No one has 'Beethoven's 5th' to everyone else's 'Chopsticks'.
Slow drivers in the fast lane.
How about this... fast drivers in the slow lane who pass you and cut in front of you so close you have to slam on your brakes.
Like... How dare you be driving the speed limit in the slow "right" lane minding your own damn business.
And PS: The rest of the road around us was empty.
That happened to me today.
This is not the time to get out and check you childs backpack, or have a fifteen minute goodbye...or chat with another parent dropping off. PLEASE.....
This drives me nuts. Entitled much? In our school there is a parking lot right there, if you want to fiddle, hug and talk... just park and walk your kid to the sidewalk.
-People who pay me and put a little note on the check... don't cash till x day. I always want to leave a note that says> Let me know when I can cash your next check and I'll see if I'm available to clean".
-My kids putting their cereal bowls in the sink ALL day without rinsing them.
-Parents/people who receive your assistance and service who want to give you advice on how to do your 'volunteer' work better.
- People who ask for professional advice because something's not working out for them, then just get defensive and ignore everything I told them. (I am, of course, always super nice about it - nothing worth getting defensive over.) Fast forward a few months, "hey, I know I'm still doing all the same things that weren't working for me before, and you already gave me a ton of ideas that I haven't implemented yet, but can you give me a ton more free advice please???" Ugh.
- When people lean on their horn to let someone know they're waiting for them outside. Maybe a short beep if you have absolutely no other way to contact them, but come onnnnn already with the leaning.
- "Hubby." I know it's basically the parlance of the 21st century, but it bugs the crap out of me for some reason.
- People taking blind corners in the grocery store at 34900 MPH with their cart flying, and nearly run you over. I know we all want to get the hell out of here, but try not to crush my feet in the process.
[This message edited by embee at 7:38 PM, October 30th (Wednesday)]
"Are you hurting the one you love?
You said you got to heaven, but it wasn't enough."
When he was in elementary school, there was a woman who somehow managed to be in front of me 2 or 3 times a week. Every day, she would stop in the line (despite the 15 visitor parking spaces just to the left), get out of the car, pop the hatchback, take her kid's rolling backpack (or whatever the hell those things are called) out, extend the handle, and then Snowflake would take it and walk into the school. If the kid had some medical problem preventing her from carrying the bag, then no problem. Just park your car in the space and let the rest of us get on with our lives.
My current traffic peeve is the assholes who are flying up behind me as I am passing a vehicle. Despite the fact that I am clearly going faster than the "slow lane" traffic and have my turn signal on indicating that I will move over once I've cleared the vehicle, these guys are intent on forcing me to go faster or moving me out of the way. Makes me want to just let off the gas and drive side by side for a mile or two.
Drivers who don't do the "thanks" wave when I let them ahead of me. Most of them are on the phone or texting.
Drivers who see the "left lane closed in 1/2 mile" yet continue to drive in the left lane to get ahead. Hey buddy...I am not sitting in the right lane, in traffic, for my health. And NO, I won't let you in.
Express check out lanes at the stores for 10 items or less. Please count your stuff...10 items or less...NOT 15, 20, or 25. And yes, sometimes I do count how many things you have.
- People that eat lunch on a conference call and don't extend the courtesy to mute their phone.
- Anyone who uses the self checkout lane and takes longer than three minutes.
- People who have 5 items in the self checkout lane and bitch at my $250 grocery pile in the self checkout lane, even though I am done in five minutes and rolling out while they're busy bitching about my $250 of groceries and holding up the fifteen people behind them because they need that 15 cents off of the five bags of frozen corn and BY THE GODDESS OF SAVINGS, THEY WILL USE THIS COUPON FOR 3 CENTS OFF PER BAG.
- People that don't help bag their own groceries.
- Womens magazines that have almost naked porn stars splattered across their covers all with 50000 sex tips THAT WILL DRIVE HIM WILD and "50 fashion tips to hide the weight!" all lined up at eye level at the grocery checkout, because I have three options to stare at when I am in line waiting: the other people in line, the candy, and that shit.
- Cheap plastic dice that still have the flash on the edges.
- Half the states in this fine Union because they don't know what the fuck a sign is, and half of those don't know what the fuck clippers are for. Hint: they're for clipping back the fucking bushes that are obscuring the sign for the Interstate.
- the phrases "All natural" and "organic" and "green movement" because they're all marketing gimmicks.
- Litter. LOOK ITS SIMPLE: YOU PUT IT ON YOUR CAR FLOOR AND WHEN YOU GET HOME, YOU THROW IT THE FUCK IN THE TRASH CAN.
Cyclists on my rural road with no shoulders, that give you a dirty look whe you pass them or honk to let them know you are coming up on them, or just ride on my road. WTF really you cant find a pretty road with a shoulder, or even better, there is a whole trail that goes from one end of the state to the other, try riding it or many of the other ones in the area. Why is it necessary to dress like Lance Armstrong (even though you are 50 years old and 50 pounds overwheight) and choose to play Tour De Jefferson County Missouri on my road?!?!?
Self checkout lanes in stores, and those are the only lanes open. Listen Assholes, If I am shopping in your Grocery Store, and paying extra so you can be in a union and have great benefits then I want you to ring my shit up and put in bags.
I get only having the self lanes open at some stores, but really the grocery store at 4pm on a weekday? I am not the only idiot who needs to pick up a few items. Get your GD cashiers at their stations, instead of letting them all play grabass behind the customer service counter. (Oh I'm no longer going to said grocery store)
*people that give you advice that they themselves aren't willing to practice
*people who pile all their shit on the seat next to them on the train then get annoyed when you ask to sit in that seat - move your shit, bitch. (this happened this morning)
*people who intentionally take longer to pull out of a parking space just because they see you waiting (there's actual research about this)
*people who leave their shopping carts smack dab in the middle of a parking space - so you can walk your ass all over said store but are too fucking lazy to walk the cart back to where it belongs. Lazy fuckers.
*inconsiderate smokers - i.e., train station. There is a SIGN clearly stating smoking is prohibited yet there is at least three assholes that think that rule does not apply to them. They often wind up with a $250 citation.
*bangs. I hate them. Not on other people, but on me. Stop telling me to wear bangs. I won't do it and I'm just going to think you are stupid.
*that my dogs can't go the night without peeing. It is worst than having infants. At least then I could kick dh and pretend to be asleep so he could tend to the baby. But now he caught on to that trick and I'm up twice a night to let the damn dog out. And in. And out. And in.
People who, when the line isn't moving fast enough on the bridge, start honking. Yeah, because that's totally going to make the customs inspectors go faster!
When there is no earthly reason why there can't be more than one lane open if no inspection is being performed...what's the problem???? Why do we have to sit in a long line while the stupid bar goes up and down, up and down for each car if no one is checking anything??? Open another stinking lane already!!!
When the "rapid inspection" lane moves more slowly than the regular lane. Um, the reason we all paid $$$$ for the SENTRI is so that we could get to work on time!
Ok, now I feel better.
*that my dogs can't go the night without peeing. It is worst than having infants
^^^^THIS!!! He is driving me crazy lately. Sometimes he gets me up twice during the night.
****Grocery store clerks who insist on putting my gallon milk jug in a bag. If it has a handle on it I don't need or want a bag. I have 2 drawers full of plastic bags, I don't need any more.
****Then one day the lady was double bagging me and when I asked her not to she got mad.
****People who drive in the left lane for miles on the interstate out in the country only to cut you off once they pass you.
**** Not being able to get ahead at work because you work hard and don't kiss ass - or at least not the right one.
"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - Aubrie
*The call center at the clinic I work at. They know NOTHING medically related, which is frustrating when they are scheduling patients and then I have to deal with their mistakes when patients come into the clinic.
*Traffic. Just...yeah. Other drivers are stupid.
At least the current man "only" cyber-cheated.
"Love means never having to say you're sorry."
..kids that come to our door tonight for Trick or Treat and just hold their bag open, take the candy treats and walk away..
No 'thank you'.. nothing!!!
when did manners become obsolete?..
..pisses me right off!
..some of the older kids don't even bother with dressing up!!
The other evening we had two rooms full of people taking exams, windows closed.
Both rooms stank of second hand smoke, it smelled like a bar in there.
So I take a picture of the smoking zone from our window today and email it to the facilities management office to point out that maybe they could move the smoking zone somewhere else because people are drifting away from the 'zone' and into the parking lot right under our windows.
Most of the folks in the picture work in Facilities Management.
I'm guessing that one is going straight to the recycle bin.